1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex 3 Wise Men

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by abokwaik, Dec 21, 2015.

1. abokwaik

abokwaik Guest

Good Day,

Although I have seen several threads discussing Bill Williams indicators, I decided to automate his "Three Wise Men" strategy as outlined in his book "Trading Chaos - 2nd edition" mixed with few of my own thoughts.

Indicators used (standard MT4 indicators, all with default settings):

1. Alligator
    2. Awesome Oscillator (AO)
    3. Fractals

Definitions:

1. BUDB : Bullish Divergent Bar
      1. Have a Lower Low than the previous bar, AND
      2. Must Close in the Upper Half of its range

• BEDB : Bearish Divergent Bar

1. Have a Higher High than the previous bar, AND
    2. Must Close in the Lower Half of its range

• Angulation : I will use my own definition for angulation. I will consider an angulation is good if the distance between the High of a BUDB or the Low of a BEDB and the Alligator Lips is greater than the distance between the Alligator Lips and the Alligator Jaw.

3 wise men trading possibilities:

1. Break Out of a valid Divergent Bar (Good Angulation and AO in opposite Color) - single entry
    2. Break Out of the third consecutive bar with AO color similar to 1st wise man trade direction - multiple entries
    3. Break Out of a completed Fractal in the trade direction - multiple entries

Long Entries :
    Will be in type of Buy Stop Orders with user input buffer pips for entry and stop loss, as follows:

1. Break Out of a (BUDB), stop loss at Low of BUDB
    2. Break Out of the third bar corresponding to the third AO Green Bar. This could generate multiple add-on entries, while trade is a live.
    3. Break Out of an UP fractal, in the direction of the trade. This could generate multiple add-on entries, while trade is a live.

Short Entries :
    Will be in type of Sell Stop Orders with user input buffer pips for entry and stop loss, as follows:

1. Break Out of a (BEDB), stop loss at High of BEDB
    2. Break Out of the third bar corresponding to the third AO Red Bar. This could generate multiple add-on entries, while trade is a live.
    3. Break Out of an DOWN fractal, in the direction of the trade. This could generate multiple add-on entries, while trade is a live

Exits :

1. Either by hitting the initial Stop Loss (or the Trailing Stop Loss), or
    2. When an opposite Divergent Bar signal occurs (Close all and reverse)

Chart Example :

Attachment 1816223

Attached Thumbnails
    Attached Image (click to enlarge)
    attachment.png

Source.