1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge 50 dead, Islamic terrorism tie eyed in Orlando gay bar shooting

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mightymike, Jun 12, 2016.

1. mightymike

mightymike Active Member Founding Member

2. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

Sad situation. Now to see how each side spins it, because you know it is coming.

3. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    I do have a question regarding if its terrorism? Was it to kill Americans or kill gays?

I know I know.......what difference does it make? Dead is dead so I dont need the speech. So if Bob Smith the active Catholic church goer kills 50, is that terrorism and/or "hate" killings?

....or is it only terrorism if a radical Muslim does it? Worst mass shooting in US history? Yes and it makes no difference who did it, I understand that.

Ken

4. OneArmedBandit

OneArmedBandit Active Member

It's a tragedy people going out for a fun night and get slaughtered.

5. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

If radical muslims hate both gays AND americans,,,this would be a double blessing in their minds...they rid the planet of 2 group they hate all at one time.
    deadliest US mass killing? you are kidding me. Not even close.

6. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

The right to be and live openly as gay is just one of many rights and freedoms that American's enjoy that go against the beliefs of the terror groups. They hate us and want to do us harm because we have many different rights and freedoms that go against what they believe.

This particular time the attack was directed at the subset of gays within the American culture. Next time it could be some women's group or almost anything else. But it doesn't matter, as an American, an attack against one of us and our freedoms/way of life, is an attack against all of us.

7. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed

Well, dont speak for everyone.

Ken

8. LarryS

When you look at a country like Israel , people wonder why thwy are so unbending and so strick when it comes to terrorists. You know terrorists that are in the country legally, but just have a penchant for blowing up school busses or shooting up coffee shops.
    They know that in cases where people are in a vulnerable state, like in a club, drinking coffee, on a school bus.....no honest citzen with a pistol can do a damn thing to prevent the carnage.

The difference in that country is that when one of these things happen, the farthest person from the scene is just a 2 hour drive away. They probably know someone effected, whether its thedead, or a relative or friend of the dead. After decades of this going on, its safe to say individuals in israel are all personally touched by aterrorist attacks multiple times in their lifetime.

With us, its different. People 2 thousand miles away can calmly be armchair philosophers, while people at ground zero of the incident are feeling intense emotional and or physical pain. Both the victims and the associates of the victims. Most of us will never know the anguish until it happens in our circle of friends, relatives and neighbors. Until then its a discussion topic.

The point I am making is that this is not a lesson in gun control. For the people who are scared of innocent people losing their ability to get guns and therefore we would be at the mercy of these criminals......yeah right....a person with a pistol has no chance. Zero. When a movie theater is shot up by a nonislamic terrorist, or a French restaurant district is shot up by islamic terrorists.... a person with a legal handgun makes no difference when automatic weapons are used when people are least suspecting. The criminal has the advantage of the plan, advanced weapons, and the surprise element in their favor. A pistol has little effect.

This most recent event has nothing to do with the issue of gun control. It does make me realize, that as in Isreal....there is no way to make it go away. Even if establishments all hire security to keep these criminals/ and or mentally ill from entering. There will always be un-monitorable outdoor gatherings in parks, outdoor cafes, parking lots.parades, playgrounds, etc. So gun control is not an issue. A terrorist or the insane with an intense interest to get a gun, will get one no matter what the laws are. Just as prohibition did not curtail alcohol drinking for those who were motivated to drink.

That brings us to immigration. Will very strick immigration laws that are actually enforced prevent some of the future atrocities. Sure.Although this one in fla, has nothing to do with immigration.....2 things can be equally true
    1- mentally ill and legal residents will still be able to commit mass murder
    2- very strict immigration laws will certainly prevent a certain amount of terrorist mass murders in the future.

It all depends on what people are willing to tolerate. Maybe it will take dozens more of these incidents in the USA before people here start thinking like the people of Israel who demand secure borders.

9. mr j

mr j Well-Known Member

self employed
    If I gave my plans for a secure US border, I might be kicked off this board. (lol)

Ken

10. LarryS

For the armchair liberals, who calmly sit in the comfort of their homes while others suffer death and carnage....its going to take multiple incidents closer to home to get them to consider your plan.

Generally once the news cycle ends..people go back to their lives. Heck how many people in california, Iowa, or nebraska are calling their congressmen to make sure they do something to help the first responders from9/11 who are dropping like flies.
    That story came out 10 years ago and lasted a couple days in the publics mind.....then its on to the next newsworthy story like michael jacksons death, or bruce jenners new wardrobe.