1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback A Poster is Publicly Lying

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by redietz, Dec 29, 2022.

1. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Dear Forum Administrators,

In post 2166 of the GF Chat Room thread, poster "Rob Singer" made the bizarre proclamation that my late wife killed herself. I would appreciate your reigning him in on making pronouncements that are both completely untrue and downright vicious.

Mr. Singer has a public record on going off the deep end on various occasions. He was released as a columnist by Gaming Today when he made public comments that a video poker expert and writer who had just died should "eat dirt."

You can either reign him in, preferably labeling him a proven liar (I can prove my late wife did not kill herself) or not. You can either have me posting here or Mr. Singer.

2. coach belly

coach belly Active Member

Who in this community is offended by untrue or vicious pronouncements?

Do the forum members get a vote?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  3. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Gee
    That’s a bit rich.
    This forum is full of members that should be labeled
    Known liar.
    Known troll
    Known plagiarist
    Known sheriff
    Known hypocrites
    Known “back in the day has beens”
    Known NON gambling topic posters
    Known degenerate gamblers
    Known sock puppet posters
    Known renegers
    Known suck ups
    Known system promoters
    Known “lack of proof I’m a successful”
    a) sports better
    b) black Jack player
    c) decent human being.
    d) etc.

As a matter of fact even administrators here this forum have labeled kewlj a liar in a post to that member , yet they haven’t labeled his account as such.

So until administrators actually label the people that should be labeled re all of the above maybe you should take a break redietz, harden up with a cup of concrete, redefine your style, see if any of the above Known categories apply to you ( hint there are a couple) do something about changing yourself to be a better person rather than the less than the optimal YOU that posts here to others this forum, posts about others this forum that are detrimental, detracting and situationally inflammatory due to your lack of credibility re gambling. Yes we have heard about your gazillion supposed awards, write ups etc , but I for one don’t spend my time googling uninteresting has been trash on some defunct interverse site or mouldy old rolled up newspaper clippings in the toilet.

So as FAR as your Ultimation of you or him goes, don’t be so childish and have a cup of real world for a change.

Face it your content contributes what?
    cheers

4. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

We are giving the chat room thread more leeway to contain the vitriol within that thread so that it doesn't metastasize to the rest of the site. That being said, we would agree that invoking dead family members (particularly where it is irrelevant to gambling) is a bit too much even for the looser chat room thread.

However, please do keep in mind that ultimatums don't work with us as we make decisions independent of them, and this is especially the case when it comes from a member whose contributions to this community are mainly limited to the chat room.

We have sanctioned the offending post accordingly. In the future, please use the Report link at the bottom of offending posts to bring them to our attention.

Punkcity likes this.
  5. Punkcity

Ouchie
    Cold hard cup of reality right there.
    Real world stuff.
    Guess that’s one way to deflate a paper balloon ego puppet
    Pop ( plus farty sounding air as it dissipates)
    Nice.

6. Punkcity

Oh admin quick question for clarification if you get a chance to reply.
    Your post here this thread
    First paragraph , last sentence, last line .

Is that supposed to read as “it’s a bit too much even for the “LOSER” chat room thread” ?

Or is “Looser” the same meaning as “LOSER” as I’m not too familiar the eurozone/American vernacular as I’m from skipptophia English derivative.
    Happy new year.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  7. Admin Team

Looser as in more loose as in more relaxed.

8. redietz

Honestly, Punk, if you couldn't do the math to figure out the house edge for moneyline gambling versus pointspread gambling, you're really not qualified to evaluate the quality or contribution of anyone's posts as they pertain to actual gambling strategy. You just don't have the minimal math skills. If this is upsetting to you, I apologize. I recommend, as a start, The Great Courses with "Probability Made Clear.

Online Course on Probability - How to Calculate the Chances of an Outcome (thegreatcourses.com)

9. redietz

What I need personally is a public admittance from the offending party that he has zero evidence for what he was proclaiming. That he has no real idea regarding what he was claiming.

He publicly claimed it as fact. He needs to publicly DIS-claim it.

If someone posted something regarding this site out of the blue that had no basis in reality, you would publicly require them to disavow it or you would label them, as has been done in the past for far milder offenses.

For example, if I post that I know that the wife of the founder of this site committed suicide because the site's founders were gambling degenerates and had lost the family savings, what would the site's response be? A private admonition? I think not.

As far as real world contributions, for example, I quickly and easily did the breakdown for Punk's question regarding moneyline house edge versus pointspread house edge. No one else did. In addition, in the Obscure Offshore Contest thread, anyone following me sees real world, verifiable in the now, results from NFL contests where I'm outperforming 95%+ of the population. Not a story. Not a fairy tale. Not speculation. Real world, verifiable performance that can be viewed and followed by anyone with accounts at those sites.

Frankly, I am hard pressed to find any real world verification of anyone's alleged gambling exploits on this forum. You have stories; you have tales taken on faith. But no verifiable gambling performances.

My inclination is to start a thread proclaiming that the site's founders had spouses kill themselves because the founders were gambling degenerates and had blown the families' savings. Then you can privately admonish me. What's good for the goose and all that.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  10. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    UNKewlJ also made a post recently where he flat out said that MDawg was the one mentioned in this article :banghead: but nothing was done about it either.

While we all toss insults around, flat out saying that such and such is true and tying it to real world events such as a news article, would seem to call for an UNKewl reckoning where he'd either have to prove what he said was true, or accept a "Compulsive Liar" stamp for all time on his forum profile.

oopsididitagain likes this.
  11. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    And as far as the compulsiveness of his lying, UNKewlJ here claimed that he had the "gambling records for this Mdawg person from Cosmopolitan for the year 2021," which, he has no idea who MDawg is, let alone his or anyone else's gambling records (claimed they were dropped off :D on Halloween at his apartment), so this is another lie that the compulsive liar should have to either prove, or be branded for.

This sort of lie is tied to a real identity, and specific real world events, easily verifiable, and goes beyond merely saying that I won this or won that or I did this or I did that.

12. Admin Team

That's simply not our job here. Our job is to protect the community, not to protect an individual member or to get involved in personal feuds. We are not the arbiters of the truth. We have no idea regarding the truth of that matter. That doesn't concern us. Our community and site rules are what concern us. What you may personally need is not the same as what the community as a whole needs.

That is between you and them. Not us. We are not here to pick sides or do anyone's bidding.

Yes, for two reasons. One, because we automatically know for a fact that it is false, so we don't need to take anyone's word or pick sides or make any assumptions. Second, because such false accusations against us are intended to harm the community as a whole since we are the guardians of this community.

Correct, because we and our site represent all members. We would ask you to prove it since we know you would not be able to since it is false, and we would then point out how you were not able to provide any evidence for it precisely because it is false. If you continued to force us to chase you around the site to correct false accusations against us and waste our resources and demonstrating a clear intent to harm this community, we would give you a final 48 hours to provide evidence to support your latest false accusation and then we would label your account as a Compulsive Liar with links in your Signature directing readers to posts where such false accusations were made without being able to back them up so that we would no longer have to waste resources chasing you around to correct accusations that we know for a fact are untrue. What is harmful to us is harmful to the site is harmful to all members, so when our resources are purposefully and continuously wasted by such trolling, we put an end to it. The "Compulsive Liar" tag is not intended for members lying about other members, it's intended to protect our community as a whole from trolls.

We never said you only contributed in the chat room. We indicated you mainly do so. We appreciate your other contributions outside of the chat room even though they were not substantial. The vast majority of your participation here over the past year has been in the chat room.

It's not a site rule or requirement for such performance to be verified. However, those that do generate a lot more credibility than those that do not, so if a member wishes to be believed by readers, then verifying their claims is the best way to do that and we fully encourage it even though we don't require or demand it. We do not have gambling-related knowledge, so we are not in a position to determine what is true and what is not when it comes to gambling matters. That is for our members to do as we are a free, open, and uncensored community.

We know for a fact that that is a lie, and that false accusation would damage the community, so you would be dealt with publicly as explained above.

It's an apples to Earth comparison. If we involved ourselves in gambling discussions, then you would have a valid point. Perhaps you are accustomed to other gambling forums where the Administrators participate in the gambling discussions so you feel they are on equal footing. That is not the case here. We are the guardians of this community and we do not involve ourselves in any gambling discussions here. As such, we are here to ensure the core principles and rules of the site are honored at all times and that the community as a whole is protected, not any individual member. Thusly, it is not apt to compare false accusations against an individual member versus false accusations against the guardians of this community because the former only damages the individual whereas the latter damages the entire community.

We will not become the arbiters of the truth regarding gambling-related discussions, but we absolutely are the arbiters of the truth concerning this site.

We strongly believe that having an impartial Administration of a gambling site where the Administrators do not get involved in the gambling discussions and treat all members equally is extremely beneficial to ensuring unbiased truths always rise to the surface in any discussions. It is far too easy for Administrators of a site to manipulate the discussion to promote their biases. The biggest example of this has been Twitter, recently revealed in the Twitter Files to have been doing biased censorship. It does not matter what side one is on, all members should be able to agree that having impartial Administrators that don't involve themselves in gambling discussions and that never take sides is a net positive for the community and for the truth, and the more removed the Administrators are, the better.

We completely understand that you may feel this is not fair since we are not protecting your individual interests while we go out of our way to protect the communities interests. However, since we don't abuse our power to win gambling arguments by avoiding any participation in such activites, invoking us through lies is by definition intended to damage the community, which is why we don't tolerate it since the intent is clearly malicious against the community.

If we attempted to become the arbiters of the truth concerning gambling and personal feuds, we would have to make various judgement calls we are not equipped to make, which would lead to countless mistakes that would manipulate the truth.

You -- like all members -- are of course free to publicly demand your false accusers present evidence to back up their false accusations against you, and then point out when they have failed to do so in order to impugn their credibility which then diminishes the impact of their false accusation. We just won't do it for you or any other member.

In short, we will not become the arbiters of the truth between members, but we absolutely are the arbiters of the truth concerning this site. We trust that clearly explains the discrepancy you pointed out, even if you don't agree with it.

Please see our answer to member redietz above as the same applies.

Folks, an indication that we are being genuinely impartial is when 2 members who tend to be on opposite sides of arguments such as members redietz and Mdawg complain about the same issue. It tells us we are remaining unbiased and not favoring one side or another.

13. Punkcity

Lol admin lol.
    You have quite the sense of humour. Lol.
    Most of the puppets that post on that thread are more anally wound up than anyone else this forum combined. Most of them are soooooooooooooooo up tight that they continue to post to mummy/daddy admins even when mommy/daddy “Said NO” admin clearly posted there stance on the matter.

In this situation I suggest a new forum rule violation be implemented.

Perhaps call it

“Mommy/Daddy says no” violation rule 13 , for when cry baby puppets, bully puppets that are not getting their own way can be shut down succinctly for their childish antics.

Lol admin lol.
    Puppet dietz is old school hillbilly American that only cares about his own individual self perception of self righteousness as compared to the European understanding of the community good collective. He has always failed to understand that his lack of achievement in life means very little to anyone in the interverse and even far less than his comprehension of the interverse’s INTEREST in his constant need to TRY and OVER INFLATE his less than mediocre life of any “ boring, mundane, inconsequential so called successful achievements”

But admin I posted a reply to another thread , posts crybaby puppet, surly that makes me a valuable content provider.

Lol
    Priceless self delusion puppet.

14. Punkcity

Dietz your obscure thread is exactly that .

No factual information
    No WHY or WHAT your selling selection were .
    Possibly only the 1/2 dozen or so CHERRY picked results from a possible 1000 plus entries you old timers with your 3 hr sleep patterns seem to spend the other 21 hours of awake time spamming free pickem post sports betting websites. .

The actual thread is boring, no information and quite disturbing for the simple fact that you seem to be an older guy trying to masterbate over your less than impressive manufactured results. Stick to cleaning possum stools from your teeth , much better thread name.

15. Punkcity

No you didn’t answer the thread title question.

Im happy to continue that conversation on that thread.

This thread is the boy crying to momma/poppa thread .

16. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    Well if "tags" such as Compulsive Liar are attached only to those who disagree with Admin, then that makes sense why UNKewlJ hasn't yet been branded.

I looked into the four who have been tagged Compulsive Liars,
    apparently only JunketKing, Boz, LarryS, SteveH (Boz must have had his tag removed, because I do not see it now). In each case, it was over an argument where Admin "knew" that whatever the member claimed about admin's actions at this forum was untrue.
    If you want to waste the time to research, you'll find however that in most cases where someone ended up branded a C.L. the debate was over something subjective, such as a claim that admin was being biased or some such with handling some matter. The "evidence" provided by either side could have cut either way, I saw no definitive proof provided by either side that it was right.

I think what it comes down to, is that if you disagree with Admin here over anything that it feels strongly about, you will end up with a long and drawn out back and forth that ends with Admin stating simply that it "knows what it knows," has provided sufficient back up for its position, it should be plain to anyone that Admin is right and that is the end of it.

What is interesting, is that this site takes the opposite view of which insults to take seriously than some other sites. Over at WOV, typically the Wizard is thicker skinned than many of his members, and doesn't jump to suspend someone who insults him. For example here

heatmap_Wizard_insult.jpg

heatmap accused the Wizard not just of sock puppetry, but using a puppet shill to market his own book. I mentioned this to the Wizard when I saw him next, and he said that he liked to think that he shows extra restraint when it comes to insults directed against him. Wizard not only did not suspended heatmap, but didn't even bother to respond to the accusation.

Anyway, at least Admin is consistent here and gives its members free reign to say whatever they like - as long as it isn't directed against Admin.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  17. Admin Team

We will not tag as Compulsive Liars any member that does not lie about us or our site, or even those that lie about us or our site occasionally. It's only members that lie about us repeatedly to troll us and waste our resources that get labeled as Compulsive Liars so that their tag and Signatures follow them on every post so that we don't have to chase after them to correct the record on each repeated lie about us or our site which are so damaging to the community.

This is not true at all. The accusations were very specific in nature with no subjectivity involved whatsoever. See each of those cases below:

SteveH: He falsely claimed we were behind the iHeartRoulette member criticizing him without ever proving it after repeatedly violating our rules. There is nothing "subjective" about that, it's a direct and completely false accusation because we were not behind the iHeartRoulette member or any other member. Repeatedly falsely accusing the Administrators of a community that they are using sock puppets to discredit any competition is incredibly damaging to the community because it plants a seed of doubt in every member that they are not engaging in good faith discussions and that that site is being manipulated by those in power. SteveH apologized here for that completely false accusation but still falsely accuses us of being someone else and will not remove that false accusation until we remove the negative posts about him on this site written by other members which we will of course not do as that would violate our uncensored core principle. Summary: This member has been proven to be a compulsive liar. Read more here and here.

LarryS: Repeatedly falsely claimed we had banned him. Again, there is nothing "subjective" about that, it's a direct and completely false accusation because he was never banned here. Falsely accusing Administrors of an "uncensored" site and which specifically does not ban members is incredibly damaging to the site because it means our word cannot be trusted and that we actually censor here and violate one of our core principles. He confused a temporary database error with his being banned. All he had to do was provide a screenshot of his banning, not a generic site error common on all sites, and he was unable to do that because he was never banned. Summary: LarryS was proven to be a compulsive liar. Read more here, here, here, and here.

Junket King: Repeatedly falsely claimed we were moderating him and not showing his posts after he repeatedly violating our rules. Again, there is nothing "subjective" about that, it's a direct and false accusation because he was never moderated here. He was slowed down for creating sock puppets to like and support his own posts, but never moderated. All he had to do to prove he was being moderated was a screenshot showing their post in question was live on the site and viewable to them but not viewable to the rest of the members (e.g. by checking it logged-out), but of course he never provided such easy proof because he was never actually moderated here. Summary: This member was caught with multiple accounts liking and supporting their own posts. Their additional lies about the moderation are not supported by facts. This member has been proven to be a compulsive liar.

Boz: Stopped repeatedly falsely accusing us of being scammers without proof, and so we lifted his tag several years ago.

It's all there for anyone to read since we don't delete posts here.

In each case, the member in question repeatedly violated our site rules and repeatedly made false accusations about us that they could not prove in order to troll us and attempt to damage this community. None of them were tagged as Compulsive Liars on their first or even second false accusations. They were tagged after it became clear they were going to keep trolling this community by repeating those false accusations without ever providing evidence in order to have us chasing them around and wasting resources to correct the record. The Compulsive Liar tag and signature now chases them around for us automatically so that no resources need to be wasted.

The burden of proof is always on the false accuser, not on the falsely accused. Proving a negative is quite often impossible, which is why false accusations are such a common trolling tool. Even more so the case when you consider that -- as the saying goes -- a lie will go round the world while truth is pulling its boots on. But take LarryS for example, he confused a database error message with a ban, and didn't even bother to google it to realize just how common that error is across the internet since there are so many sites using the same software. Junket King did the same with a CloudFlare error thinking it meant he was being moderated when it was just their error message that we were down. The same error message, mind you, that you sent us recently when you alerted us that our site goes down occasionally, yet you are not being moderated here. They both created red herrings from relatively common site errors in order to continue to convince others we were not trustworthy and to troll us. Since we cannot prove a negative, we at least proved -- in the case of LarryS, for example -- that the message is a common site error by providing a search link of it to Google results. There's not much more we can do to prove negatives, which is why the burden of proof will always be on those that falsely accuse us and lie about us.

This is true until the last part which is false. That is not the end of it since we don't close threads here. In your thread, you had the last word and you can continue to have more last words. We just won't engage as we consider that matter sufficiently clarified from our end and the record set sufficiently straight. You are absolutely right that we will fully engage with members in back and forths and we see no issue with such thorough, clear, and respectful communication between Administrators and members. Ignoring members invoking us is not a solution. Closing such threads against us is not a solution. Moderating or banning members against us is not a solution. Clear and thorough communication is the solution, but when members take advantage of that to troll us with repeated false accusations to waste our resources, that is when it becomes a taggable offense so that we stop wasting resources. Remember that we always give such members 48 hours to prove their false accusation, and they fail every time precisely because the repeated accusations of those few members are false.

You have to understand, we have a lot of experience running forums and sites. We understand that it is human nature to want to battle against any kind of authority. We have no problem with that until it becomes clear that a member's intention is solely to damage this community.

Not responding to false accusations makes them seem true. We prefer to respond, and we prefer to do so quickly and thoroughly and clearly to not give any potential seeds of doubt time to germinate and multiply.

But you are completely wrong about the thickness of our skin. Any member can insult us or our community as much as they want and they won't be sanctioned for it. We have a long record of this. Also, see this from 2017:
    In fact, we prefer that members insult us instead of each other so that they can get it out of their system so that it doesn't spill over to gambling threads.

This is not true. Again, see your thread here. Note again that we didn't tag you as a Compulsive Liar when you created an extensive thread directed at us. You didn't keep trying to troll us endlessly and waste our resources, so the tag was not necessary. You said your piece, we said ours, we let you have the last word, you didn't experience any repercussions whatsoever, and your thread is still open for anyone else to add to it.

The burden for being tagged is very high because we don't do so lightly, only when it is very clear the member is not going to stop trolling us and wasting our resources. We always gave them and everyone the opportunity to say their piece about as, but when they keep making the same false accusation repeatedly and without evidence is when the intent to damage this community becomes clear and the tagging required to save our resources and mitigate the damage to the community

Remember, as the guardians of this community, damaging us by definition damages the community since it puts into question the core principles, credibility, and trustworthiness of this site. This is why we never let false accusations about us stand without a response from us.

Fair and subjective criticism of us is of course allowed and we encourage it in this Feedback section that we specifically created for it.

Have a legitimate criticism about us, our moderation style, or any other aspect of our site? Create a thread about it and let's discuss it openly and productively together with the community to work together to improve the site.

Repeated false accusations about us, however, serve no purpose other than to waste our resources and damage this community which is why we can't allow such repeated trolling -- and only such repeated trolling -- to continue untagged. Note that all tagged members have a custom Signature created by us linking to the offenses that lead to the tagging in order to have full transparency so that all readers can draw their own conclusions. 3 members out of thousands represents less than 0.05% tagged and more than 99.95% untagged. That's because less than a handful of members have been proactively intent on damaging this community, fortunately.

If members always gave us the benefit of the doubt instead of always assuming the worst of us, they would quickly see that having an Admin Team that knows nothing about gambling and that doesn't get involved in gambling discussions and that only cares about improving the site for the benefit of the entire community is by far the best way for a gambling forum to be run, particularly when that gambling forum is run on the core principles of being independent, comprehensive, and uncensored. Anything other than that opens the door to conflicts of interest where power can be abused to manipulate opinions on gambling matters. Our core principles are sacred, which is why we are always forced to defend ourselves thoroughly and clearly when we are unfairly invoked, as we have just done with this response.

18. MDawg

MDawg Well-Known Member

Lawyer, Businessman
    OnTheMark.png

19. Admin Team

We certainly want it to be well-known that this is how we will always respond when unfairly invoked because that will of course make it less likely that folks will unfairly invoke us in the future. So being predictable in this very manner is by design, and we hope it also serves as an example to all members of how to respond respectfully to unfair critique by dissecting a post, refuting each point with logic and supporting evidence, and then tying it all together without hurling a single insult. The truth of the matter is, we don't want to be invoked at all or even mentioned unless it's in this Feedback section and about how to improve the site for the benefit of the community as a whole (which of course includes fair and actionable criticism). That's our only concern and raison d'être.

20. Punkcity

Oh I haven’t tried raisin d’être, what’s that like? I used to be a raisin toast and black coffee for breakfast kinda guy , back in the day. Was a yummy start to the day at my favourite cafe. Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023