1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker A + what is your fold cards?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by afecho, Mar 27, 2022.

1. afecho

afecho Guest

Obviously there are other things to consider like position, other players, etc. but what is your lowest A? cards that you tend to fold most often? AT+ I almost always play, but A9 or lower I frequently fold, A6 and under almost always fold, suited or not. Just curious about others who play with A?

Source

2. Benny_Fox

Benny_Fox New Member

Could you begin to explain for a beginner what even the A is for? xD

3. Rond1nell1

Rond1nell1 Active Member

Croupier
    It's a very relative issue, it all depends on position, who you're playing against and what stage of the tournament you're in.

4. Degen

Degen New Member

Speaking for the live low stakes no-limit games...

Unsuited Ace rag is how donks go broke.

Obviously table dynamics , position, etc matter but in general, you are best served by folding all unsuited Ace Rag combos A2 thru A9 and only playing A rag suited when you have 30:1 or better implied odds.

When you have position, HJ, CO, or BTN you can profitably raise Ax if you have a decent image and good read on the table and the table dynamics. Otherwise, you should play it safe and just raise AT+.

The key to winning poker is patience, you over play Ace rag and you get to pay off other players that call you down with a better ace rag and then you can mumble to yourself as you reload because said donk didn't respect your raises...

5. Gullywin

Gullywin Member

When it comes to folding cards with an Ace, my strategy involves various factors like position and opponents. I tend to fold A9 and lower quite often, while AT is a common play for me. Cards A6 and under are usually folds, regardless of being suited. I'm curious how fellow players approach hands with an Ace in different situations.