1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Aggression in late stage of MTT’s

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Oct 10, 2020.

1. So I’m back playing MTT’s due to the lockdown and having no work (Bookmaker / Pro Punter) main difference I noticed from playing a fair few years ago is the aggression pre flop in the late stages of tournaments even when stack sizes are quite decent.

I’m playing $50-$109 across a few sites Stars, GG & Party and I only play regular speed no turbos.

examples from late stages of these are people just seem to be 3-betting a ridiculously high amount vs my min open raises

so I tried to adjust and tighten up my open raise range and widen my 3 bet range which seemed sensible although I ended up busting two tournaments real late with trash as I 3 bet all in in what I thought was a good spot.

sorry for the rambling but would be good if anyone could give some examples of how you adjust at these stages of tournaments to counteract how the population tends to be playing.

Source