1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Alerts

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by MrV, Mar 30, 2017.

1. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    Admin: For some unknown reason I get "Alerts."

I don't want them.

My preferences do NOT call for them.

I don't know how to delete them or make them go away.

Please delete them and do what is needed so that I receive no more stupid alerts.

Thank you.

2. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

Do you mean the Alerts that appear on the top-right of the site or the e-mail alerts?

If you mean the e-mail alerts, then every e-mail alert has a link at the bottom to disable all e-mail alerts. Just click that link.

3. Blackhole

Blackhole Active Member

I don’t see any forum where I could post this, nor can I send any PM’s. So, I thought the most popular thread would make sense.

I keep getting e-mails from this site about threads, or some other nonsense. I’ve come back here several times and clicked on everything to eliminate and stop them. I even clicked directly on all e-mails I receive to stop all future e-mails.

PLEASE administration, put an end to this. If you need to ban me, please do so. Thank you.

For the record, I glanced quickly through the last few pages of this thread, and can’t believe the same group of fucking MORONS are posting the same fucking nonsense.

I still have faith in humanity, that eventually you fucking morons will eventually realize how much of a fucking moron you actually were, and snap out of your fucking moron stage of life and move on.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  4. Admin Team

If you've done the above on the recent e-mail alerts you've received, then you should be all set.

If you are still receiving e-mail alerts after the above, then keep in mind that every e-mail alert has a link at the bottom to disable all e-mail alerts. Just click that link instead of the link to disable that particular alert.

5. RS

RS Member

I've done the "no more alerts whatsoever" link clicking thing and turned it off....but I'm still getting alerts.

6. Admin Team

Check your Preferences and make sure "and receive email notifications of replies" under "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." is unchecked, otherwise you will automatically resubscribe yourself to Alerts for any thread you post in.

So if you have that feature enabled, and then disable all Alerts by clicking the link in the E-mail Alerts, but then go and post in a thread, then your E-mail Alerts for that thread will be re-enabled and you will receive e-mail alerts whenever someone posts in that thread.

7. RS

RS Member

Ok, did that.

*crosses fingers*

8. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    Nothing works.

I keep getting these goddamned unwanted alerts.

I did everything you said, still this shit keeps piling up.

9. RS

RS Member

I just got an email alert that MrV posted in this thread. Ironic no?

10. Admin Team

After doing what we described further above in your Preferences, click on Watched Threads in the Navigation Bar at the top of the site, then on the Show all watched threads link at the bottom of that page, then click the Managed Watched Threads drop-down on the top-right, and then click on Disable email notification.

Please let us know if you are still receiving alerts after doing all of the above. If you are still receiving e-mail alerts after clicking the disable al emails link in the e-mail alerts, after changing your Preferences as described above, and after disabling email notifications in your Watched Threads, then that means there is a technical issue we're going to have to investigate and fix, so please let us know if the above doesn't fix it.

11. RS

RS Member

Done and done. For record, at 4:14pm (June 2) local time.

12. Admin Team

Thank you. Please let us know if your receive another E-mail Alert for any thread reply.

13. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    For the record, I looked at a thread (didn't post in it, wasn't mentioned in it) and from that point on was getting notifications when someone posted in that thread.
    I thought that was strange since I didn't post in it or wasn't mentioned.
    Just letting you know

14. Admin Team

Have you posted in that Forum (e.g. Roulette Forum) but not the thread, or was it a Forum you've never participated in?

It is possible to subscribe yourself to Forums, not just Threads. The way to unsubscribe from entire Forums is to click on Watched Forums in the Navigation Bar at the top of the site, then select one-by-one the Forums you do not wish to receive E-mails Alerts for, and then in the bottom-left drop-down menu, select Disable email notification, and hit Go.

In fact, @RS and @MrV, please do that as well to make sure you are also unsubscribed from E-mail Alerts for Forums you may be watching.

The E-mail Alerts can certainly get annoying (we get them too), but the "Watched" feature is actually quite useful for curating your experience here by keeping tabs on only the Forums and Threads you're interested in. We have a feature to also just show you New/Unread Posts from your Watched Forums, but we haven't enabled that yet as we're waiting until we have a bit more activity here. That will allow you to fully curate your experience here because you will be able to just 'Watch" the Forums you're interested in (e.g. just Roulette, Blackjack, and Slots) and then see filtered results for new posts and thread in just those Forums without the noise of posts in Forums you're not interested in.

15. TurboGenius

TurboGenius Well-Known Member Founding Member

Self proclaimed Theoretical Philosopher
    Agreed. I'll look into it. Thank you