1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker ALL IN with AA PREFLOP

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Liyanna, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Liyanna

Liyanna Member

When I first began to learn poker, I liked to go all in with AA preflop. People kept telling me that was wrong and I asked why. They said "Because you'll most likely make other people fold and you would make much more money if you played your AA out instead of scaring the opponents to fold like that"

And now, I would like to challenge that seemingly consensus thought.

Here's why I challenge the conventional thinking

In a typical game, I'd say there is an average of 2 callers before you.

Shove all in, and if they fold, you get the calls of those 2 people + SB + BB = 3.5BB in total

If you shove all in and somehow someone calls, you get even more BB!

Play it out and you only more BB

And did you forget rake? Most poker rooms have a no flop no rake policy. If you play it out you're also vulnerable to rake, further killing your BB profit that you wouldn't be if you just shoved and collected your BB.

Feedback on this?

2. BluRed

BluRed New Member

Never go all in when get AA in preflop lol.. you can go for that if you know your bankroll at least 3times bigger than your oponents
    You can call someones "all in" if got AA.
    If you think about long run when playing AA all in at preflop, you are 100% looser.

3. jbs

jbs Well-Known Member

You may win less hands but you'll win more money. It's the same reason you double down on 11 vs 10 in blackjack.