1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Amount of tournaments/time before MTT win.

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Karametric, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Karametric

Karametric Guest

More of out curiosity than anything, I'm wondering how long it was between when people started playing MTTs somewhat seriously and when they got their first first place finish, and how long it is between wins.

As for me, it is a goal that has eluded me thus far :)

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    How long was it before you drove the family car without a care? You must learn to win sng's and then smaller mtt's, and then take on large field events.

Get a mentor, have someone shadow you. It's the final table you and others don't have the experience to finish off your opponents or ladder climb.

Play some 6 and 4 table sng's, imagine it the end of the game and hammer your opponents, don't relax, don't play soft.

Oh, and keep reading books, articles and posts, tips are plentiful if you look. Good luck to you, let us hear about your progress.