1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Baccarat Progressive Side Bets

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Luke, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Luke

Luke New Member

This seems to be a challenge because people want a single winner for a big jackpot, and people share the hands in baccarat.

I've recently seen two attempts to resolve this. One was at G2E last week, and I'm not sure it is in place anywhere yet.

1. A jackpot that involves hitting a tie on natural 9, and each seat at the table has a unique combination of suits that it must happen in.

2. Each seat has a unique random generated number between 0 and 9 show in a little circle. The outcome of the hand has to be a six card tie on the number that matches your random number.

I feel like the random number element of the second one is less appealing.

Are either of these bets appealing to baccarat players?

2. GlenBaccarat1979

GlenBaccarat1979 Active Member

If I am understanding what you are expressing, it will happen very (extremely that is) on few occasions. Natural 9-9 ties are not too common but do happen. Was playing Friday night and witness 2 Nine-Nine ties in one shoe. Most of the time, not, but can happen once or so in numerous shoes on a regular basis. Now, 3rd card ties for both sides with only a 9 total will be a rarity, IMO. I would not be interested in that in anyway.

I do wager Fortune and Panda side bets and do okay at them. But the one you described is not appealing.

3. Luke

Luke New Member

These are two separate progressive side bets that are currently on the market.
    In number 1 above I should have been more specific. The natural 9s must be J/9, Q/9, or K/9 and the suits of the cards must match what is printed on the felt for your betting spot. The odd thing I find with this one is that the likelihood of hitting it depends on the remaining composition of the shoe. For example, If my betting spot requires the K-Hearts to be involved, and I've already seen lots of K-Hearts go through, then I might not bet it, where as the person beside me might need the K-Spades and there might be more of these left in the shoe.

Number 2: the three card per side tie doesn't have to be a nine, but has to match the randomly generated digit that shows up in front of your seat.

In either case they should be designed to hit very rarely as it would have a six digit progressive jackpot attached to the win.