1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Baccarat vs Roulette

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Myrtlejones, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Myrtlejones

Myrtlejones Active Member

Baccarat vs Roulette...A question for people that play both games, can any one tell me the difference between the games in regards to patterns,I never put 2 minutes of thought into Roulette only playing once or twice a year for pleasure, betting as small as i can, i have this brain storm and not sure how the patterns come out but would like to know if they are similar to Baccarat, i am interested in the high low patterns only for Roulette

Thanks

2. jbs

jbs Well-Known Member

Patters are useless. People get amazed in roulette when the see the number 9 hit four times in a row but the also don't understand that the odds of 9 hitting four times in a row is the same odds of 31, 2, 18, 26 hitting on the very next four spins. Again, patterns are useless.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. Myrtlejones

Betting even money HI LOW what would be a normal run of one or the other

4. CT70

CT70 Member

Best way to play roulette is follow the side of where the last 2 or more in a row occurred. That means anytime you see a 2 or more in a row, your next bet should be on that side. Bet small units to allow yourself a mild progression. Playing this way, you will only lose to the terrible 2s, and as long as you recognize the 2s are popping, you can either wait till they pass or play opposite time before last. Fortunately, in roulette, the terrible 2s are not as strong as in baccarat.

5. Myrtlejones

Thanks CT70 i have a bet selection that does well but only good for even money bets, its one i use in Baccarat, so what i am looking for is it normal to see Hi Low results go for long runs or is there a percentage that they stay around example in Baccarat 90% of the time results do not go past 4, does this also hold water in Roulette or is it all over the place, is it normal to see 6 lows 1to18 then 7 highs 18 to 36?

6. CT70

CT70 Member

Roulette is more random than baccarat, but ongoing terrible 2s are rare in roulette, so following the last 2 with an U1D2 progression will get you thru most anything, and since roulette likes occasional long runs, you will be on every run from the 3rd hand because this keeps you betting on the side of the last 2 iar.

Zhang Wei likes this.
  7. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

Both are games of 100 % luck and roulette EC suffer a loss when 0 or 00 shows.

ND

mr j likes this.

8. Nathan Detroit

Most roulette EC players are ere for the Red / Black bet selection .

mr j likes this.
  9. Nathan Detroit

I do not offer any methods of play.

ND

10. Myrtlejones

Thank you all for the feed back, this is what i am looking for, in BAC i use a group betting system that has 16 combos (groups of 6) i use other groups, 7, 8 ,9 but i am just going to focus on groups of 6 for now just because i think it would work on roulette, i have never taken any stats from RL but have from BAC so i understand what can happen in one game but not the other, so here is what i am getting at, i will be betting hi low, when betting low i will cover 1 t0 18 plus 0, betting high i will cover 18 to 36 but my bets will be covering every number, so my bets will look like this, betting low would be betting $1 on1,2,,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17.18plus 0,= a total of 19$ betting hi would be 19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,=18$ the house edge is paid on the low but using a neg pro or even a long string (LABY) i think i could come out ahead, but i am not sure what happens in the roulette game as far as streaks, so in Bac if i put results B P B P B P or roulette H L H L H L it would not make a difference, within the 16 groups 4 groups lose 2 bets and 4 groups win 2bets the last 8 all win 1 unit so 12 groups win and 4 lose but you are only betting twice into groups of 6 and 6 is a good number because they are less likely to repeat even if they do they have to be 1 of the 4 that lose 2, long runs do not hurt say 7 in a row or 7 chops its the interior that will beat you which is what i am after

11. CT70

CT70 Member

I’m glad you think that both games are 100% luck, because that’s exactly what we would like the pit bosses to think as well. Unfortunately, it’s the furthest from the truth.

12. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    If you know what singles on the weak side are then you can check for them. Singles on the weak side occurs for Craps, Blackjack, and Baccarat as well as the the three EC table bets in Roulette. If you have several other pet groupings for inside layout numbers in Roulette then they too have singles on the weak side for them as well. The more groups you have in Roulette to search the chances of running across a common characteristic the better it is for you. Singles on the weak side is just one characteristic among hundreds. Take the absence of triples or larger. That happens for a nice stretch some times. That means you are seeing singles or doubles only for a while, very common.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  13. Myrtlejones

Ok so GIZ what is the most uncommon situation as far as hi low have you seen 20 in a row land under 19 same have you seen 20 over 18, do you see 4 low 4 hi, doubles do not hurt its the combos of 1 and 3 ,3 and1 but putting these into groups change from the actual result

14. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    I go through the common ones first. The last thing on my mind is the most uncommon.

In a nutshell you attack anything that strongly continues. 20 in a rows are not that common. My goal is to get +3 net wins at the big bet value and to get the heck out of there. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's a long drawn out war.

Nathan Detroit likes this.

15. Myrtlejones

GIZ thx is it possible to get 500 RL results from some one, i think that would fill what i need?

16. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    If anything and this is wild guess from when I played Roulette, I would say EC's follow the mathematical norm more in the short term than Baccarat. As in singles 50% of the time, doubles 25% etc. As ND said, you have the zero to contend with.

If you're noticing patterns,you generally you won't see some of the crazy things you see within shoes on a roulette tote board, such as a 1-4 pattern repeating say 4 or 5 times (20 spins), repeating patterns of 3's x 5??? LOL

17. Nathan Detroit

Results daily from Spielbank Wiesbaden Oermanenzen Most active table 5.

Best time 3 PM EDST.

18. Nathan Detroit

edit : Permanenzen

19. Myrtlejones

Can you please get a hold of me message please have something you might see as math pro

20. Myrtlejones

I am sorry what does this mean? i am not up to date on this but thanks for what you are doing