1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Backyard Baccarat Video Lessons for Oscar’s Grind

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Jae, May 3, 2021.

1. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, on another thread we’ve been discussing Oscar’s Grind quite a bit and it has peaked some interest from a few people. I decided I’d possibly make a few videos to show the methods that I personally use in case that can help someone that’s interested in how I approach the game.

I’ll use this thread to post new videos. If you need something specifically explained that I fail to do in text, let me know and I’ll make a video if that helps you understand visually.

In my first video, I’ve decided to show you simply how we track OG in live play.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    MDP42, MrZhang, fathead and 5 others like this.
  2. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I’ve already failed at making a simple video. When I grabbed a random sample shoe from my photos, I captured an incomplete shoe. So my description for how many units you would win is off. If you were to bet banker every hand, instead of making 3 units for the shoe minus commission, it actually would have been 6 units minus commission. Here is the attachment for the completed shoe.

Attached Files:

3. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

Its nice Jae. Thank you.

Jae likes this.
  4. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Thanks Jae, excellent post and tremendous effort, really appreciated, cheers.

Jae likes this.
  5. Jimske

Jimske Well-Known Member Founding Member

@ Jae. Fantastic. Good job. I wish I could write that small and be legible! Perfectly clear. I still have a -20 question. You start waiting for the -20 I get that. Suppose you resolve a series in the middle of a shoe. Now stay in that shoe and wait for a -20 again? Or leave that shoe, start a new shoe and wait for a -20? So every time you resolve you wait for a -20?

This seems critical to your play.

Thanks.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Jae likes this.
  6. ehtelgaeb

ehtelgaeb Active Member

Thanks Jae. I appreciate your spirit of sharing and of course all this work you’re doing.

Steven

Jae likes this.
  7. judge

judge Active Member

Thank you for doing the video. I like it.

Jae likes this.

8. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Yes, we just wait again, the majority of the time, we aren’t going to see -20 ore more twice in the same shoe, but sometimes it will start forming at the end of the shoe and go into the next one.

9. Lungyeh

Lungyeh Well-Known Member

Jae, you do look more prosperous in the video than the profile photo. Goes with the territory huh?

10. Jimske

So on a replay of that video shoe for example Banker finally hit a -27 units virtual at hand #27. (-27 betting 7). Next hand was a win. Now win 1 unit so quit and play virtual until reach a -20 units again? That shoe never hit another -20 units so then wait for next hoe I guess, huh?

Something doesn't seem right. :confused:

11. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

My goal isn’t to win 1 unit, it’s to win 20+ units in one series. I finished this shoe up 21 units of real money.
    I think I see where the confusion is. Virtually when it hits -20 or more, that’s when I start betting, and I recoup all of those virtual losses until the actual grind is at 0 or +1. I. This case the grind ended at plus 1 and I made 21 units. If it would have ended at 0, I would have won 20 units. Minus commission of course. The series is complete, at which point I wait for it to virtually hit -20 again. When it first hit -20, I jumped in betting 6 units as the grind called for and carried out the series betting as it called for.

12. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I probably made the video confusing because I’m trying to explains OG for someone that may be betting every hand, and then also trying to explain my method simultaneously.

13. judge

judge Active Member

Just remember, when it gets to -20virtuallly) you play real bets until it gets to 0 or -1. Then you start a new count(same shoe) until you reach -20 then bet until you get to 0 or -1. Continue until you reach 200 units and call it a day. Start back tomorrow and repeat. With stadium bacc.or online its pretty quick B&M not so much.

Mark

Jae likes this.
  14. Jimske

I played it after the virtual loss and restart trying to capture 1 unit or resolve to 0. I get 6 units at shoe end. So when do I start making virtual bets? OG.png

15. Jimske

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  16. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

First thing I notice in your play is that when you wrote down -27, I believe that’s actually -26 betting 6.

second thing, I’m not betting single units whenever my trigger starts, I’m betting what the grind calls for up to that point, the first bet you would have made should be 6 units.

17. Jimske

That clears one thing up. You start at the unit size of the VL. So after u got the 6 units you then virtual bet again until you get to -20?

18. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

In this shoe, we won our first bet of 6 units. And you are correct, we do not stop there, we finish the series so that in the end we are +21 units. At that point we got back to waiting for 20 virtual losses and then begin our series again catching 20+ units of profit.

19. Jimske

I don't get what you mean finish the series? A series ends when you capture 1 unit or zero out. So you keep on starting a new series until the shoe ends and if you end up not resolving the series when the shoe ends you continue to resolve next shoe or stop, take the loss and then next shoe wait for the VL?

20. judge

judge Active Member

When you are virtually -20 you will start betting. EX. -20/6 . Yoy will now start betting real $$ starting with 6 units. If you W you are now -14 betting 7. If you W again you are now -7 betting 8 units. IF you W you are now +1 on the count. You started betting real $$ at -20 and you quit at +1 giving you a positive 21 U.

MDP42 and Jae like this.