1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Bankroll Management

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by CS238, Mar 7, 2015.

1. CS238

CS238 Guest

What strategy do you use to manage your bankroll? I personally will only buy into cash games with around 5% and mt tournaments about 1-2%. If my bankroll is big enough I usually cash out about 10-20% a month. I am curious of how other people manage there bankroll and how long they've had it. The longest bankroll I had was about 1 year and i played mostly 25-50 cent stake cash games.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    Try surviving a month and challenging yourself to more than double your bankroll and NOT withdraw any.

Then move up a notch on entries and see how you do. If you fail, drop back down, if not, press on. Once you have really increased your bankroll, you might not feel the pressure existing right now.

Using your bankroll to fund other things, car repairs, groceries, will always put you into a precarious situation.

Try to separate the two, set a goal, reach a goal, reset a goal.