1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Breaking a bad streak

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by robert strong, Mar 26, 2015.

1. robert strong

robert strong Member Lineage to Founders

Finally just broke my bad tourney streak with a 2nd place yesterday, now I must figure out how to capitalize on it and make it to the money again but more importantly to win this time.

VegasGalPoker likes this.
  2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    When you made it past the bubble, remember how you did it? Do you remember what happened after everyone made the money? How play changed, how you took advantage of situations, how you let them knock each other out, how you ladder climbed, how you picked your spots, how you avoided trouble, how you got yourself into the significant money spots, how you played so smartly along the way to get yourself into position to win?

Well, then implement it and remember how it should be done, you have a great blue-print.

Nice job.

3. robert strong

It was a weird tourney for me in general, about 10 minute in I got KK 2nd to act we started with 15k blinds were 100-200, so I raised to 600. (To note this was a $25 tourney with an optional add on at break). The guy who just lost a lot of chips a had earlier about 3 players down (10 handed) went all in for 5k. It got back to me so I called he had AA. lost over a third of my stack in one hand, so not a good start. The very next had I get AA, so I raised again 600, get the button to call. Flop comes K high with a spade draw. I bet 1800 he calls. The turn comes a 2. I go all in for about 7800. He thinks about it for a minute and calls He has KJ so I ended up doubling up with about 18k. Will add more to the story later.

4. robert strong

Continuing my story, later in the game blinds are around 400-800. I get K2 hearts in the small blind everyone else limps so I call. The flop comes two hearts. So I check seat 2 bets 2k ( I am seat 10 at this point) seat 6 calls and I call. Turn comes a heart and I have a straight flush draw (needed 10 of hearts) I check seat 2 beats 3.5k and seat 6 calls. I have about 10k left I Ponder for a minute to call or go all in. I decide to go all in, the aggressor immediately folds and seat 6 takes about 2 minutes to think about what to do? He decides to fold his straight which he turned over. so I basically double up on that hand as well which puts me in a pretty good position on the table at that point. Question should I just of called to get more money in the pot or just did what I did?

5. Harry R Townsend

Harry R Townsend New Member Lineage to Founders

Retired
    I try not to ever have a bad steak due to my poor play. If I feel I have made a really stupid play or 2. I quit for the day and rethink what I have been doing. Often it the same mistakes I have done over and over. Usually in my case it is being too stupid to let a hand go that I have raised initially and am likely now behind on the turn. If it is a bad steak because of "bad beats" there is no reason to stop play.

6. robert strong

Still continuing my story, so we are two table left about 18 people left and someone just gets eliminated and so the dealer deals everyone in and deals the player who just got eliminated by accident, I am first to act and I have AA. I am a short stack at the table so I push all in, however they were talking about a misdeal because of the accidental dealing of a eliminated player, the big blind is also trying to convince the dealer to let it go and let the play continue. Since I moved all in that was considered action and therefore the deal had to continue, everyone folds except the big blind which he snap calls he had KK. So I when the had and double up again end up being 2nd chip leader at my table. Here is the question was that the right move by the dealer not to call a misdeal?

7. DRAikens

DRAikens Member Lineage to Founders

Maintence tech / operator
    nice to hear about your win and also the story are nice to read,.

robert strong likes this.