1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Lounge cable old tv shows. gays. and assorted crap

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by LarryS, Nov 21, 2016.

1. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

There is a station on cable, ..its like TV land. It has old shows. All in the Family, Newhart,Threes Company, Jeffersons. and old full length Johnny Carson Shows....from the 70's.

The thing that strikes me about Carson is how much he would joke about Gays.....using them as a punchline whenever there was an opening. And the audience ate it up. Using references like :light in the loafers" flying away" etc......it usually got a big laugh when he would poke at someone being possibly gay....sometimes using effeminate gestures...steriotyped comedy

And I am sure I laughed along with america back then.
    As I watch it now, I wonder if Gays thought carson was the anti-christ....or did they accept that type humor without boycotting.

Same with Three's Company, with the premise of a heterosexual pretending to be gay in order for the landlord to allow him to live in the apartment with 2 women. When he had to "turn on the gay" when the landlord stopped by....it seems offensive in 2016 standards....Its cringeworthy.....although back in the day I found that funny.

Barbs insinuating someone was gay was surefire laughs in that period in some sit coms.

So what did the silent closeted gays do? Did they stay away from those shows? Its not like they wanted to come out and make themselves known...so did they just silently boycott or just accept it and take the good with the bad?

2. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    They just watched "Dark Shadows."

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  3. LarryS

I guess you believe in gaydar

4. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

No, one of my best buddies back then was gay, and he told me how he and his other gay friends thoroughly loved that show; they watched it whenever possible and loved to discuss it.

Straight from the horse's mouth, as they say.

latest?cb=20120915164455.jpg

5. LarryS

the main character, played by jonathan frid was gay in real life...although he didnt come out way back when...

6. GlenBaccarat1979

GlenBaccarat1979 Active Member

I truly don't give a fuck what others do, fuck each other, suck each other off, suck off animals, shoot up dope whatever. The problem and the real problem today is, it's in your face cause they want to progress their drive for their belief's. Unlike a few years back, it was all better off let alone. It all existed. They did the same shit, just didn't plaster it outside of their homes. Now with the internet it is on there, it is on their social media, it is all out in the open because it gives the people with the no-lives hopes to change many others to their way of thinking, etc. Like putting on a Superman costume and saying, "I suck dick, come in my mouth, I give get head, Let's change everyone to be sick and abnormal". Of course all IMO.

And, yes most certainly about Johnny C.

7. GlenBaccarat1979

And, IMO, to answer your question....they stayed to themselves. Since then and now, the gays are still the minorities, sorry to all the gays....it's just not the norm and the way God meant it. With the invention of the internet, the social media, all the instant notoriety things, people of come out with all sorts of causes from being gay to the kill so and so to the restroom fucking deal. Otherwise, everything was best left alone and quite, no need to tell so and so about anything.

8. LarryS

so if you are saying that they are mentally ill......still the question remains is it fun to mock mentally ill people repeatedly? Has it always been open season comedically for certain people to be mocked?

9. GlenBaccarat1979

Don't believe I said, mentally ill. IMO, they may be or strange, or sicko, or fucking weird, doesn't much matter, after all it is all IMO anyways. I was saying and am saying, it is the internet, social media and other relative means to openly project their resentment and agenda out there, something they didn't have in the days of earlier Johnny C, etc.

And yes, comedians have done so more in the past than today. Probably wasn't and didn't sit well with the same group of people perpetrating these acts, just the DID NOT HAVE the outlet to really complain, openly and freely as they do now.

Depends on the comedian, I myself like Andrew Dice Clay and yes he speaks his mind.

10. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

It wasn't too long ago, historically speaking, that our forefathers fucking OWNED people as slaves.

Things change.

11. GlenBaccarat1979

The majority of that was the white owners fucking the nigger girls and nigger mothers as well. After all, they were property all legal and everything , no??? They took their property, used their property in the way they saw fit. Don't blame me, I wasn't there and didn't give them permission, it just happened that way. Used to be about the same with wives also, until everything changed and females gained rights and all.

12. LarryS

you know pee wee herman isnt a retard that runs around acting like a 10 year old....its an act.....words spoken via a character
    you know steve martin ....doesnt walk around in real life as "a wild and crazy guy".....its words spoken as a character in his old act.
    And ADC speaks through a character...'dice".....and if he actually said 10 percent of the things he claims to have said to people out in the realworld..he would be dead.

Which is why I always defended him when the politically correct crowd would claim that ADC is a racist and misogynist. I seperate his character from himself.

I dont know what he personally feels about anything in life....but I do think that his comedy character is funny.

13. GlenBaccarat1979

Exactly, 100%. Many of us are the same way, not all, but many. In our professions, we act/talk one way in business and personal/home we are quite another aura. More than most people think.

And if you like ADC, here is one to make you chuckle. I was in Vegas at--of all places, The Rivera and there was this host there trying to get a high limit baccarat/Asian section going just before they sold it and remodeled it, etc. My wife and I had front row tix from the host to ADC. We are sitting there and as soon as he opened, he is like, "WTF, where in the fuck did you get her from, Pussy R Us Mail Order", I shook my head yes and yelled out, I paid top dollar cause she gives great head and acted like I was unzipping my pants and she bends over and plays like she is giving me head. ADC cracks up, looks at the audience and said, 'I meet my match--fuck this, I ain't going to fuck with this guy no more for the rest of the show'.

14. LarryS

Funny, I saw him in a small club called Rascals in NJ for New years(20 years ago)....front row(me, wife and my brother and wife). My wife was apprehensive since she is a very quiet conservative person, and kept saying...":I dont know if I want to go,,he is going to say something about me".. I kept saying(knowing I was bullshitting her).."oh no...he doesnt involve himself with the audience..he just does a show".

Well fist thing , he comes out and goes for my brothers wife who was a blonde....saying something about how her pussy hair must be wild. Then he looked at me....and says.....what are you laughing about...mr conservative(he had me pegged). He spared my wife who was beat red...and he probably read her and laid off. You dont do what he does without being able to read the audience and individual people in the audience.

"I believe that everybody's a celebrity,
    And we've all got personality
    And individuality.
    We all read lines,
    And we all act a part,
    We all need a script
    And an audience to play to."

Ray Davies......Starmaker

15. GlenBaccarat1979

Been there many times, the one in West Orange, I think they had another one in Teaneck??

Used to live up next to Wayne as well as in Basking Ridge. Owned businesses out on Route 22 near the Blue Star Shopping Center before moving west.

16. LarryS

42 years in NJ,,,,last 20 in Ca and Nv

Rt22.....I think I remember where that was.....wasnt there a 2guys there.....maybe a peter pan diner, did it run through watchung....

17. GlenBaccarat1979

Yeah Watchung on the north side of the road across from a fantastic diner, The Scothwood! I had a small shopping center within stones throw of that.