1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker card dead, and the WSOP SUCKS

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Memphis legend, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Would like feedback on my recent situation..... so I studied, and studied, and studied more.. things like c betting, position, dry and wet boards,, etc. Last night I played in the WSOP circuit in Tunica. with all my studying, I was absolutely,, and I mean absolutely card dead. I got to level 8. the structure was 15G's in starting chips, and the blinds were 20 minutes, which I'll never play a structure like that again given the buy in. It was absurd.. anyway if I hadn't bluffed 3 hands with an all in I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did. so I would like advice, thoughts in general on when the dreaded card dead hits you in a tourney. I think my biggest mistake was playing a structured tourney like that given the buy in was $150. and I couldn't find out what the structure was for 2 months prior. Couldn't even find out what it was yesterday calling down there. WSOP has really gone down. I have nothing good to say about the organization, because there is no organization! I asked 4 floor people what the home office number was to the WSOP, and none knew what it was.. when I told them I couldn't get info on the structure, they said it was the SHOE in Tunica's fault. when I told this to the local staff, they said it was the WSOP's fault. But I digress. my main concern is your thoughts on how you play being card dead...

thanks in advance.

Source