1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Concerning preflop stalling players

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Lheticus, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Lheticus

Lheticus Guest

I've wondered something about people who take their time on basically every hand preflop for a long time now: Just what the heck do they even think they're accomplishing? What advantage do they believe they're getting? I mean, if we're near a bubble but not hand for hand or something then yeah, pulling something like that every few hands, sure. But I see people do that THROUGHOUT a tournament. What is going through their heads that would lead them to believe this is a thing to do? Especially when we ARE hand for hand and it not only accomplishes nothing but puts them in more danger since the blinds raise with fewer hands played.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    Some do it because they are multi-tabling. When they see a bad hand they let the clock wind down, buying them more time to concentrate on another table they are at.

Some do it to make others think they have something (they don't), it's a ploy, bet and knock their (_!_) out.

Some actually do it to slow the game (they have chips, the blinds go up, it favors them).

Some actually do it to irritate others. Most players online are very anxious to play, having to wait is torture to them.