1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackjack Cost of underbetting... and other questions.

Discussion in 'Blackjack Forum' started by ZeeBabar, May 29, 2019.

1. ZeeBabar

ZeeBabar Guest

There seem to be newbies and recreational counters here and hearing from the pros might help. As losing mounts, maybe a losing streak, I find myself betting even more conservatively than normal. Then, when I review a session, I wonder if I lost because I was underbetting, I dont really know the answer for sure. There are a couple of other questions as well..

For example, in a DD game, after the first round and only maybe 8 cards have been played, the running count is +3, normally, I raise my bet from the $25 minimum to $50 but when I have lost a bit of money, I stay with the $25 bet because its early in the shoe (even if the true count would be higher than 1.5). I sometimes reduce my max bet from $150 to just $100. I wonder if delaying my ramp or lowering my max bet is hurting me.

On A,7 versus 9-A, the strategy is to hit but when should one deviate from it? Should we stand when its high negative or positive? (One deviation among many I dont know).

Another one I dont know off the top is 4,4 vs 5,6. When to split, double or hit.

Answers appreciated. Please dont make it up about me.

Source.