1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Craps CRAPS: Systems to fit the Player's... PERSONALITY

Discussion in 'Craps Forum' started by SevenOut, Mar 9, 2015.

1. SevenOut

SevenOut New Member Founding Member

I have finally emptied my think tank to empty. This thread will wrap up my thoughts about Craps and Systems. It is up to you to remove the ribbons, wraps and do some of the work.

Craps Systems are as varied as the personality of the individual player. No single System is a fit all.

- My Craps Personality is one that is aggressive.
    - My bankroll is my "loss limit"
    - My Full Monte Craps System is the most effective game plan... for ME
    - My time at a table might be 10 minutes to 60 minutes. More time if my wins exceed losses over time.
    - I am a "Hit and Run" player. Quit when the winnings are diminished. You can always come back.
    - I prefer to have Odds at 4x to 6x when beginning with my $200 bankroll
    - I Place $10 (5 & 9) and $12 (6 & 8) at a $5 or a $10 table
    - If on the Las Vegas Strip... I will play at a $15 minimum table. I win fast... or lose fast.
    - I play Craps for the short term wins/loss. TIME at the table is for... someone else, not me.

I have been known to toss out a Hard 8 or Hard 6... On the Hop. Last time my Hard Eight Hop was a 4-3.

Anyone who criticizes a System... must be able to say WHY. They should also explain their System and make it open for discussion.

ALL SYSTEMs HAVE WEAK POINTS.
    SOME SYSTEMS HAVE STRONG POINT(S).
    NOT ALL SYSTEMS ARE WORTH ATTEMPTING AT A LIVE TABLE

A tested System for an individual player is much like driving in city traffic, pulling a trailer. It takes skill, looking ahead and retaining a safe distance from "others".

There is NO SYSTEM that is worth the price of purchase. The caveats are more than good points. Most are to extend "time at the table". This is like asking the dentist to take his time filling a tooth without any pain killer. You are there for the time, not for the results.

Even the worst imagined Craps play can win, once. It does not make it reliable over the short or long term. If you have a reliable System of Playing Craps... write it down. Diagnose it. What are you missing?

If you are an active Craps Player and have nothing to post on any Thread... you need to work harder. Craps is a very simple game. It just cannot be beaten over the long term. Hit and Run with your winnings. The longer you play at the table, you are feeding the "Parking Meter". IF you have been losing at the table... it is time to reconsider WHY. IF you do not care... I do not care. No one can help. Go to the dentist and ask him to take his sweet time... you do not care.

2. Tabletop

Tabletop Member Lineage to Founders

I hear you Seven Out!!! This is why I Absolutely Detest playing craps with a Friend. I may only be at a Craps table for 10 Minutes. Where's the fun in that, right? Listen...... If I can win a couple Hundred(Even $100 for that Matter) in 15 -30 Minutes...... See you Next Time, & Have a Wonderful Day. I love the "Hit & Run", or "Got Clobbered" Style of Play. Thirty Minutes(Unless I'm tossing a Stellar Hand) at a Table is Too long for Me. Prolonged Stays leads to "Unprofitable" days. At least for ME, that is!!

3. Icedad

Icedad New Member

I think if you go with 2 to 4 player your chance of winning is better , because one or more you will have a good throw. and you can still do the hit an run

4. Icedad

Icedad New Member

it has being hard for me to find crap player who is willing to try this

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Member

Retired engineer
    Other than diluting the house advantage of pass line bets with free odds, nothing else works for me. However, I wrote my own craps simulator to demonstrate there are 'more bad' betting strategies:
    • Unlimited DONT pass line bets -> leads to fratricide as later bets eat previously placed point bets and free odds.
    • Unlimited pass line bets -> one "seven out" wipes them all off the table.
    • A mix of pass line and DONT pass line bets -> getting some chips back softens the sting of a losing roll.
    Bob Wilson

6. cleaningwindows

cleaningwindows New Member

its all a guess but switching sides for a few hands can be a good thing

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Member

Retired engineer
    There are two tables I like:
    • Horseshoe - one stockman operator, computer pays to the penny. A little slow but the $5 minimum and 5x odds works.
    • Fitz - half table one stockman. Experienced players as you provide the extra eyes. Fast action, $10 minimum and at least 3x odds.
    I got a Fitz promo card: one free room night each week; $15 promo credit that must be played at a machine then you can cash out, and; one buffet per month. Curious, the room has no coffee maker or mini-fridge (not missed by me!)

So the optimum is: Fitz to stay and fast craps; Horseshoe for $5 semi-automated table, and; Goldstrike my banker.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: May 4, 2023

8. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Member

Retired engineer
    Update in Fitz, tables don’t open until 11 AM, checkout time. Also the food promo does not work for breakfast … Dunkin’ Donuts is open on the 3d floor but does not take promo bucks … just play.

Good news, you can enroll in eCheck for a lower fee than ordinary ATM. Goldstrike’s system is also eCheck … hummm.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: May 4, 2023