1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Cut, Don't Run

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Frank Scoblete, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Frank Scoblete

Frank Scoblete Active Member Founding Member

Most players can't play the high-roller room baccarat because the minimums are too high. That is the preferred form of the game since the pace is really, really slow. However, mini-baccarat can come in with 150 to almost 200 decisions an hour. My last trip a couple of weeks ago I clocked a table for one hour and --- 170 decisions! Even with a low house edge that kind of speed is a killer. (I don't even consider the Tie bet which is a total waste of money.)

So you must cut the number of decisions, at least in half, even better by two-thirds. You can do this by getting a scorecard and playing or pretending to play a trend betting system. If two "player" bets win in a row, bet "player" (or "bank'); if two "banks" appear in a row, bet "bank" or "player." Keep betting that until you lose and then go back to clocking the table.

Some form of cutting is the best way, in my opinion, to get the most out of this game. Can this method be a fun way to play? Absolutely. You'll anticipate your two-win streak and then jump into the game.

2. Michael

Michael Member

I agree on the speed at the table. I've noticed that the dealers here in the Philippines deal as fast as they can if there are few people playing at the table. The only thing that seems to slow the game down is a full table of gamblers and most all of them betting the Tie, Super-6, Banker Pair and Player Pair. THAT keeps the dealer busy and really slows down the game to about 1 to 1 1/2 hands per minute.

3. Anna Loudon

Anna Loudon Member

retired
    Oh so in the Philippines they pay out on the banker pair or the player pairs? Is that only done when the pair wins? Or does the pair pay out even it the end result is it lost to the other side?