1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Deep run spoiled by bad run of cards.

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Oct 7, 2020.

1. I’ve been grinding for months, spent years honing my game. My big problem is finishing. I make deep runs and get bad run outs. At least it feels that way. It’s a tough emotion, feeling defeated. And worse yet, like it’s completely out of your control.

UTG min raised. I potted from the button with QQ. He called. Flop comes 9 2 3 rainbow. He checks. I bet pot. He shoves the las 25%. I call. He has AA.

Next hand I get A5 of clubs with 12ish BB. I shove. Get called by QJ suited for over half his stack. Board comes:

5 2 2 9 Q

I’m just not sure where I’m going wrong. I don’t remember the last time I got it in where I wasn’t a statistical favourite at a key point in any tournament I’ve played in months. But, I’m getting absolutely no positive results and am sadly a losing player. Help?

Source