1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Deepstack tournaments strategy

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Jankou36, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Jankou36

Jankou36 Guest

Hey,
    I mainly play on low, micro stakes and freerolls where are easier fields and higher speed than common and I think I became pretty good with them, cause I'm often in the money. Last wednesday I've won the CC tournament on Unibet with 10 euro ticket prize. I usually choose slower tournaments if available, so I want to play deepstack tournament e.g. Dark Matter - it's a freezeout tournament, which means there are no rebuys and no add-ons, lvl lasts 8 minutes (1st lvl is 15/30 blinds, 10th lvl 125/250 blinds, 20th 800/1,6k), late register lasts 12 lvl and start stack is 6k. About 100 players register till the end. It's probably not so deep as tournaments on other poker rooms, but still longer than tournaments I usually play.

So, if you are experienced with that type of MTTs, especially if you are profitable, please share some tips. I need more experience with early and mid stage of the tournament. What hands do you play, with what stack? When to limp and when to raise (how much)? We can omit opponent analysis.
    If it's too much to write, please provide some good source (links) to that knowledge. Thanks in advance!

Source.