1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Defining the Short and Long Run

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by David Gregory, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Bago

Bago Well-Known Member

So your goal is to play often losing little? For that I suggest you play very low stakes and play only when the table is busy so that you don't play too much spins. Do some breaks drinking at the bar or asking hot women if they are winning at the slot machines, you have more chance to get a drink with one of them than winning big at the wheel. Regards.

2. David Gregory

David Gregory Active Member

Either way I win, the second chance may be better yet.

3. Rona

Rona Active Member

Please guys, we are here for the same purpose: to share knowledge and ideas to help each other to win roulette. No reason for heated arguments. Too much testosterone!

4. David Gregory

I actually see no heated argument at all. Just normal guys firmly discussing their beliefs.

5. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    It's just a chick that wants to sit around and make doilies while we fake the pretense of being harmonic in our quest to be civil. Fuck that! I hate all of you fuckers. Now get well so that we can sing Kumbaya.

Nathan Detroit likes this.
  6. albalaha

albalaha Active Member Founding Member

player
    Sadly, everyone believes in this way but it doesn't hold because:
    1. No method written anywhere holds for long. All are proportionately loser none is better or worse. If I ask you a simple question that which method is the worst you can let us know that loses hugest, you can't point any. In like manner, all methods could earn or lose.
    None is made for long run. Period.
    2. Largest bankroll one can afford to lose is vague term.
    3. you can chose the length you can play in day. It doesn't matter much if you consider the aggregate of all plays as one.
    4. you can't determine your profits and losses but stop win or stop loss only.
    5. what you want to win is meaningless. It is upon how numbers come for you. I have multiplied my bankroll even 30 times in a day starting with very petty bankroll and lost all too.
    6. short run is too volatile, play for the long run only.

7. David Gregory

As I stated previously above, there is no such thing as a short run or long run. No one can define what that is exactly. If I have a 5,000 dollar bankroll and lose it all in 20 minutes, is that considered the short or long run? If I play that 5,000 dollar bankroll winning some, losing some then eventually losing it all in a year. In that considered the short run or long run? What's the difference between losing it all in 20 minutes or a year? It amounts to the same loss over a different stretch of time. I guess a lot of people would say that losing a 5,000 dollar bankroll in 20 minutes is a short period of time. So is that to be considered a short run? However, those same people say that every strategy will eventually lose in the long run. So is 20 minutes to be considered the long run? It is not to be considered either short or long run, it is to be considered stinking' bad luck, that's what is and nothing else. I guess if short and long run had to be defined it would be good luck eventually followed by bad luck.

Let me define a person who is a true winner. He walks up to the roulette table with a bankroll he has set aside that he can afford to lose. He orders a drink and is excited about a new strategy he is going to try. The action around the table is fast and furious as he watches people win huge amounts and others losing quite a bit at the same time. He plays his strategy for hours and wins a few and loses a few. Eventually his bankroll is lost. He gets up from the table and says to himself, that was really exciting, I loved every minute of it and can't wait to save up and do it again. Now there is a true winner, You know why? Because it wasn't about the money.

8. David Gregory

You said "It is not a question of time, but number of spins played." Doesn't it take a certain amount of time to play a certain amount of spins? Let's say you play for a hundred spins which takes two hours and lose your bankroll. Could we accurately say that you you lost your bankroll in two hours? Number of spins taken, amount of time it takes for those spins, what's the difference?

9. David Gregory

You are one of the few people on this forum that I truly appreciate your comments. They seem to come from one who has much experience and a mind of wisdom.

albalaha likes this.
  10. gizmotron

Retired
    What a joke. This is old home week for betselction.cc. Everybody is a clone of Chucky. So this is the revenge of AL. I only like you. The friends of AL club has taken over. This is his revenge. I wonder if he purchased this forum too? Now two forums are dead.

11. Rona

Rona Active Member

gizmotron
    you are being rude and a sexist, I should have you reported

What is long run anyway? how many spins?

12. gizmotron

Retired
    Kumbaya

13. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

Money management , like win goal and loss limit are the determining factor of a short or long run .

ND

14. David Gregory

Give me an example of how a win goal and loss limit are a determining factor of a short or long run.

15. Nathan Detroit

20 % win goal and 25 % loss limit of the required BR for one session .

16. David Gregory

I don't get it. Give me an example using units. How many units for bankroll, How many units to be won. Stop after a loss of how many units. Then explain at what point of the betting session defines short or long run. I am not being sarcastic here, I really want to know how your money management percentages will determine short and long run. And, is this a unwavering constant?

17. Rona

Rona Active Member

Absolutely agree.
    No others are looking for the secrets of Tesla.... LOL

18. Nathan Detroit

I have given my beef reply . No further details given .

ND

19. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Rona,

A quick FYI, testosterone doesn't cause men to be aggressive. That's a myth. However it does increase aggression in women. No joke.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Rona likes this.
  20. David Gregory

Where's the beef? Thanks anyway. I do have a tendency to ask question people cannot answer. Maybe my gardener has the answer to this question, I haven't asked him yet. When (if) I find the answer I'll let you know.