1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Derived Roads

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by Jimske, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Jimske

Jimske Well-Known Member Founding Member

Like most people I have my own preferred goto bet selection. It is a guessing and betting game. That doesn't mean you HAVE to guess but you do HAVE to bet! It's the betting that makes a winner or loser.

I never really played or understood the derived roads until recently. Been playing near a pro full timer who uses them and we've been exchanging methods. I still use my own but I was happy to hear how he is successful playing the dominant pattern. It was a little confusing at first and took me a while practice at home to learn. Caveat. There is no quick solution, just another way at looking at shoe dominance.

He has a couple different ways of playing them but here is one. Takes the Big Road, Big Boy, and Small road and places them each separately in columns of 4. Understand that other than the Big Road the other roads do not depict P or B but tell whether the subsequent outcome is a match of the previous or not. So you are basically betting what is dominant in the shoe...or not.

Here's one I did today before I left. No money just for gigs since I really don't play this way. But I might if I think it worthwhile. The way I played it is looking for a vertical match. So it either matched (2) or didn't match (1). Kind of simple, huh? Another way you might want to consider is the horizontal 2nd line. Either way as you can see you don't get a lot of chops . . . but you can! LOL.

Attached Files: