1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette Differential Betting

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by Sparky, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Sparky

Sparky Member Founding Member

Hello

Would someone--or more--explain differential betting from the get-go? Use an example, please.

Next, explain the mathematical advantage to differential betting.

I have looked and Googled, but only find one system for sale by Itzak Mataya.

Sam

./index.php?topic=15303.0

http://www.rouletteforum .cc/index.php?topic=15303.0

2. Spider

Spider Active Member Founding Member

Nice to see [removed, pay to advertise] TwoCatSam is around in spirit at least! Now he WOULD have made a great contributor to this Forum.

3. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

TwoCatSam is actually a Founding Member here. If you know him, please encourage him to contribute.

4. Spider

Excellent. I'll drop him a message.

Admin Team likes this.
  5. TwoCatSam

TwoCatSam Member Founding Member

Retired
    People

I have been up to me arse in alligators and have not had time to swat the gnats. (OK, it's a little insulting!) Spider, I will briefly explain the way I know "differential betting". Basically, you are betting all three dozens with a modifed D'Alembert. Up one on a loss and down two on a win. HOWEVER, either one or two of the dozens never gets bet. Simply said, you look at the dozen with the least bet and subtract that from the other two you're betting. Let's say, 7, 5, 2. Subtract 2 from the others and get 5, 3 and no bet where the 2 was. Also, bet a unit on each zero (if you have two).

Sometimes you will have this: 7 3 3...Subtract 3 from 7 and bet only the dozen requiring a 4 unit bet.

You are "supposed" to clock along breaking even or a little better until zero comes and that puts you ahead.

I have played this and have created a sheet to take to Riverwind. If you'd like a copy, I'll scan and post it.

I must go the the Dr. next week to learn if I have cancer. Yep, the big "C". So you see my reason for not keeping you guys straight!! :D

TwoCat

6. TwoCatSam

Retired
    Spider

Let me give you an example while I have a few minutes.

Supposed you're playing along with the modified D'Alembert and you come to this bet: 14, 8, 6. Say the first dozen wins. You have 28 chips minus 8 minus 6 for a profit of 14. That is without differential betting. Now with it: 14-6=8 and 8-6=2. So your bet is 8 and 2 and none on the third dozen. Dozen one wins for a chip return of 16 minus the two on the second dozen for a net win of---TA DA--14. Same outcome but six chips less to lay down.

If you were betting with non-differential, you would hate the zero. Betting with it, you love the green devils. Every chip you save with differential will NOT be subtracted from the zero when it comes.

'Course, this all hinges on the three dozens hitting with a reasonable degree of regularity. If you get a sleeper, the bet can get pretty large pretty quickly. And if you're like me, you gots to pee and the darn zero always comes when you can't bet on it.

Dang, someone shut me up!!

Samster

7. Spider

Hey Sam great to see you here. I hope the news next week for you is good. I used to play something similar to what you have described but on columns with quite a weird Bet Selection ( so weird I cannot remember what it was) however this is the first time I have heard that it was mainly about catching the zero(s), I thought its main purpose was just to keep the bets lower. Feel free to post a scan of the sheet... or videos or whatever! To those who dont know Sam he used to post the most entertaining/informative videos of himself playing Roulette online.

8. TwoCatSam

Retired
    Thanks for those kind words, Spider. I did so love massaging my ego by making those videos.

The way I play this--and I've enjoyed some cash for the buffet--is to play both columns and dozens. Now, as easily as having a good run you may have the double run from hell as both columns and dozens both let you down. But not often....

On the screen at Riverwind--and RNG with touch-screen terminals--I write my high balance just above where the balance is displayed. That way when I go down, I know when I'm back even. I quit at one unit up and start the whole procedure over. While testing systems with robots, it "seemed" that we always did best when quitting at just one unit of profit and repeating.

Seems at 68 I'm a candidate for prostate cancer but the Doc says not to worry. (He doesn't have it, mind you!) It's quite curable with a scalpel and some poison.

Laters...........

Sam

9. TwoCatSam

Retired
    Geez, Spider, I just noticed that some pup named Sam asked that question, not you. Or was it me under a different screen name?

Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most!

TwoCat

10. Spider