1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback "Disrespectful posts"

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by MrV, Jul 30, 2016.

1. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    I almost fell off my chair when I saw the admin's new post in the off-topic lounge section.

Ahem:

"Any post containing an insult, even an indirect insult, will get moved here to avoid starting flame wars that derail threads."

Really?!

2. LarryS

LarryS Compulsive Liar Compulsive Liar

yeah, thats why I started to say my goodbyes from the lounge....with the thread
    "Still significant change/even if only temp at WOV''

Its ok, the admin,upon hearing that KJ wont suggest this site to his fellow APs, decided to put it up for a vote and the "yes" to remove insults won over. I even voted for it...thinking extreme cases such as racist rants etc would be targeted. But I kind of figured it might end up being all or nothing. The admin wants to hitch his star to getting the AP crowd. Thats fine.

The most popular thread that brought the most people over here...more than any other thread will now be put to sleep.

No longer can people at wov be called "munchkins"......or "jackals" or "koolaide drinkers"...or socially backward, or poor managers of people, or power hungry,. No longer can they be accused of giving poor customer service, as that could be construed as an insult to their "hard work".

Its the wov rules without the suspension aspect.

I wish the admin good luck.....I will abide by the rules when I do post....just like I did at wov before I was suspended.

My posting will be minimal....however I guess with OAB......my "report" function will be well used.

Like I said on the lounge parting thread........I will still post on sports betting or poker....if I find something to say.

The lively political threads are out....because even though I support trump.....I dont have the ability to call him a fucking idiot.....if he does something stupid.

I really do hope there will be an influx of APs to make up for the loss of others. It will take time.

3. RS

RS Member

This forum doesn't need APs to "make up" for any losses.....LarryS quitting posting here would be more than sufficient.

OneArmedBandit likes this.
  4. LarryS

TIME WILL TELL...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. MrV

MrV Well-Known Member

attorney at law (retired)
    We can still insult and flame, but we have to do it in a designated area / thread.

But yeah, with tight moderation and without the ability to insult, what sets this board apart from, say, Patrick's board?

Poor admin: damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

So then, back to GG: I hope the comment about it shutting down late summer / early fall are wrong.

6. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

LarryS seems to want to put the blame for all sorts of different things on me. I see no evidence that my opinion had anything to do with this decision. Has it occurred to you LarryS, that a site named Gambling Forums just might be interested in attracting more gambling related discussions and members interested in gambling discussions and that would most assuredly include AP's (recreational as well as professional)??

I mean they have has a couple years of you dominating the site with 2 years worth of hate and criticism directed at Shackleford. Do you really think that is what they hoped to become when they started this site, with this name?

So that thread that you started that became the most popular thread of this site, the thread this site is known for, drew me and some other AP's and eyes. Management here would like to take advantage of that extra attention and members and maybe move a little more in the direction they initially intended. What is so wrong with that?

7. LarryS

I don't anticipate being a regular member here as this kind of thing really isn't my cup of tea,>>>>

for someone who doesnt enjoy this as his "cup of tea"........you seem to have forgotten where the door is.

are you a fucking xxxxxx
    I posted that I voted yes, and will abide by the admins new rule.

I mentioned you in one sentence in passing and you make it like the entire multi-paragraph post is about you you you. Do not flatter yourself.

so you ask me "whats wrong with that".......who the fuck said I thought anything was wrong with it. I clearly said I would abide by it.

now you can recommend the site that isnt your cup of tea, and we can watch it grow with APs. Be my guest.

I have the ability to read or not read AP posts. Its not a plague if more come here based on your invite. Do it. Bring them in.
    I am rooting for the Admin to do well. He gave me the opportunity to speak my mind and evoke change at wov.....so i hope he does well.

8. LarryS

true...if ever i wanted to speak my mind....GG is the site of choice....plus it has the advantage of stantonian appearances every now and then.

9. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

I did? I quoted and spoke of the one section where you invoked my name.
    Don't tell me what to do. You are not my father, as much a you want to be.

I am so sick of you telling everyone what they should do, how they should act and what they should think.

OneArmedBandit likes this.
  10. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    Where the fuck is this off-topic lounge section? When I look at the menu, all I see is lounge.

I'm with Larry on this, bye bye from me, will be deleting my bookmark soonish, so the caliber of the forum can improve. :D

11. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    I found it, never realized there were sub-board under boards, so hard to notice. Yeah more entertainment.
    So I looked at the Baccarat section and there is sub-board called Advantage Play, when I take a peek I get this;

Capture22.PNG
    I am a registered user? I am guessing this treasure trove is empty?

This is beginning to look like a Steve H forum with a zillion sub-boards going nowhere.

12. appistappis

appistappis Member

see everybody at GG.....goodbye admins.

13. HowMany

HowMany Active Member

Can I still call BeachedFuckingWhale a fat, disgusting, tub of shit?

14. Nathan Detroit

Nathan Detroit Well-Known Member Founding Member

Nothing like the god [removed, pay to advertise] Gamblers Glen board.