1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex ECN Price Feeds VS Market Maker Price Feeds

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by sharingan9, Apr 1, 2016.

1. sharingan9

sharingan9 Guest

Hey guys and girls. I am fairly new to forex My broker is an ECN broker(FxChoice) and I execute trades off their MT4 web platform. However, I do my chart analysis on a live GMT + 2 Oanda(a Market Maker) price feed on the desktop metatrader 4 platform.

I have been reading about ECN and Market Makers and from what I understand, ECN brokers are better than Market Maker brokers because ECN has direct interbank access and simply passes prices from the interbank market right to retail traders with no requotes, no price manipulation or mark up and low spreads etc. Market Makers have access to interbank as well but they "make" or "set"prices, and may manipulate price wide spreads, and hunt stops etc.

However, all the things that I mentioned above have to do with the execution but not the actual price levels on the right side of the charts. My questions are: 1. Are the price feeds and price levels on the right side of the actual chart from Market maker brokers that much different from the prices of ECN broker charts and Interbank prices? and if so by how much? a few micro pips? I ask this because my strategy is partially based on round numbers and I just want to make sure the price levels and round numbers that I analyze on my Oanda live price feed are actually accurate and at least close to price levels and round numbers that interbank charts have.

Thank you so much for your help. I will be posting my strategy here soon. It has been working well. Very much automated and objective with little subjectivity. I have videos as well. All free. Not selling anything or collecting emails or whatever. Thanks in advance for your help.

Source.

2. Taunus

Taunus New Member

which broker has ECN accout type?