1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Folding Aces to Maniacs?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by YogSothoth, Jan 7, 2021.

1. YogSothoth

YogSothoth Guest

I know-I know, but hear me out.

I was playing a $5.50 buy-in tournament the other day on Pokerstars, early stages and still plenty of maniacs. I get aces on the button, but before play gets to me, the small blind, UTG and middle position have gone all-in. I suspect at least one of them is holding junk, and maybe I'm looking at AK or a pocket pair from the other two. I call. My AA is now against QQ in the small blind, 10-8 suited under the f*****g gun, and A2o in middle position.

Flop comes: Q spades - 2 spades - 2 diamonds.

My question is this. Even though I had the best shot pre-flop at taking the pot and quadrupling my stack, at 55% is it not better to fold my precious aces in this spot? Even if you know you're likely playing against junk, four-handed is always going to make it a flip. I'm properly bankrolled for losses, but is it +EV to call?

Source