1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Misc Fraudulent emails regarding your payment processors

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Gambling Forum' started by albalaha, Apr 22, 2015.

1. albalaha

albalaha Active Member Founding Member

player
    Dear Friends,
    Kindly pay attention to this dangerous scam. See this email that I got today:
    skrill fraud.jpg

2. albalaha

albalaha Active Member Founding Member

player
    I saw two things, that made me suspicious:
    1. Skrill addresses users by name and not by email;
    2. Why the "Click here" tab?

I opened my account in skrill without any link. It was working perfectly without any restriction.
    Then I inspected the email. It was from [email protected] and not [email protected]

Since, I have seen such fishing emails for long, I am aware of these tricks. If you click that "click here" tab, it will take you to a false skrill lookalike page and u will fill in your username and password, it will also ask you for security answer like your mothers maiden name and your date of birth etc. They will get all info of your account and then they will take away all your funds swiftly.

So, whenever you get any of such email, do not follow any given link but open ur processor site normally and if there seems any trouble, contact them by either via phone or support email given.