1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Getting tilted

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by noobydooby, Jul 28, 2018.

1. noobydooby

noobydooby Guest

Hey guys.

Having some issues with tilt, and bankroll management.

I'm certain a lot of people have been here before: I just demolished my roll and had to reload after making some really irresponsible decisions...

Also, I've been getting tilted really easily by things that I can't control e.g. getting sucked out on, having players limp re-reaise all-in, or not getting [URL='https://www.cardschat.com/bluffing.php']bluffs[/URL] through.

I know all the adages, and know proper bankroll management, but when I get all fired up, it gets harder to maintain those disciplines.

I was wondering if anyone had some advice on in general how to sort of gauge yourself, and keep a cool head while playing, so I won't make more unprofitable decisions in the future. I'd like poker to be my career eventually, so I know I need some techniques to have a more disciplined, consistent approach to the game.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    You need help in a big way. What you say is contradictory. Get a coach, work on your mind game first, you seem emotionally not able to compete at the highest level.

Every aspect of playing poker is examined, you can't say you have skills and lose, and blame it only on tilt (emotional instability).

Colette likes this.
  3. DRAikens

DRAikens Member Lineage to Founders

Maintence tech / operator
    i like what Phi Gordon once said , this helps me , poker is a game of situations, that is what he said and it is true. my addition to that is this, how you handle that situation makes all the difference in the world. playing live i try to maintain a concentration at all times even when i take a hit. online is my play ground anything goes, because i am always trying new things with old ones. i try to play all styles, loose, aggressive, passive, passive aggressive, aggressive, and sometimes go over board on aggressive. i even play calling station,

4. Colette

Colette New Member Lineage to Founders

Being old
    I found the book,Zen of Poker, quite helpful! Remember the end goal and losing that kind of control can only be bad, in poker and in life.