1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat Hello Newbie here want to understand the GAME

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by bogdanm, Dec 10, 2019.

1. bogdanm

bogdanm New Member

Hello Everybody,

Very nice to be here with all of you this is my first post here.
    I want to understand baccarat I've been researching online. Found an easy tutorial. But there is a step there step 6 i don`t understand.

Know the rules governing the third card for the Banker. If the Player stands pat (or draws no new cards), the Banker draws with a hand total of 0-5 and stays pat with a hand total of 6 or 7. All other hands are dependent on the third card the Player draws:
    • If the Player’s third card is 9, 10, face-card or Ace, the Banker draws when he has a 0-3, and stays with a 4-7.
    • If the Player’s third card is 8, the Banker draws when he has a 0-2, and stays with a 3-7.
    • If the Player’s third card is 6 or 7, the Banker draws when he has a 0-6, and stays with a 7.
    • If the Player’s third card is 4 or 5, the Banker draws when he has a 0-5, and stays with a 6-7.
    • If the Player’s third card is 2 or 3, the Banker draws when he has a 0-4, and stays with a 5-7.
    What exactly does it mean when the Banker draws when he has a 0-2 and stay with 3-7. If the total of his card is either a 3 or a 7 he stays? And if the draws a 10 or any other face card and 2 then he draws again.
    Same for 0-6, 0-5 and 0-4? Face card with a 6 draws again
    Thanks a lot

2. Eric Michaels

Eric Michaels New Member

don't bet big or don't play at all...best way to make money at this game

3. bogdanm

bogdanm New Member

Hello,

I was asking a totally different question. NOT advise on rather should i play or not. I need to understand the basic rules for that first

4. Dick Wellington

Dick Wellington New Member

It means that when the Banker's first 2 cards total 0,1,2,3 then the Banker draws a card. The Banker stays (does not draw a card) when his first 2 cards have a total of 4,5,6,7.
    The dealer takes care of everything, so you don't need to memorize all the draw/stand rules. :)

5. bogdanm

bogdanm New Member

So if i the play draw (the final condition) a 2 and 3 then if the banker has a 3 and a 4 he has to draw another card. But if he has 5,6,7 then he dosen`t have to draw?

6. Dick Wellington

Dick Wellington New Member

For the (final condition) from your question:

Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 0 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 1 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 2 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 3 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 4 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 5 -----> Banker stands
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 6 -----> Banker stands
    Player's third card is a 2 ----> Banker's first two cards total 7 -----> Banker stands

Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 0 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 1 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 2 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 3 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 4 -----> Banker draws a card
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 5 -----> Banker stands
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 6 -----> Banker stands
    Player's third card is a 3 ----> Banker's first two cards total 7 -----> Banker stands

It doesn't matter what each of the cards in Banker's hand are, the only thing that matters is the TOTAL of the two cards

Hope this helps.;)