1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Help with equity

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by BnaD, Jan 9, 2019.

1. BnaD

BnaD Guest

So I'm trying to analyze a spot where I busted a tourney earlier. In the hand I get it in 99 vs AQo and at first I thought my play was the correct one, but when I plug my hand vs range of hands villain will call my jam with I am an underdog. Does this mean my play was bad? I'm unsure of how to factor fold equity in here. Is there some formula for taking hands that would 3bet but fold to a jam and apply it to the equity I have here? I'm really trying to improve. This is like the 10th tourney I have busted this week with under 20 people left but short of the final table and it's leading me to 2nd guess some of the plays I'm making. 3-4 table sit and goes are my bread and butter and fund all tourney buy-ins I make. So when I make it this far to not even make the final table...like I said I'm 2nd guessing. What other factors apply to equity here that I might overlook. I'm very new to using an equity calculator. Thanks in advance.

Source.