1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker How long should it take to beat 2NL?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by MajorNas, Apr 2, 2016.

1. MajorNas

MajorNas Guest

I'm struggling on 2NL right now.

After a huge downswing, and some serious losses from the first 15k hands, I deposited more cash after tilt made me lose all of my bankroll.

I'm playing much better now after correcting many of my rookie mistakes (it is just my first month of playing). I'm winning buy-ins, but I'm losing them as well.

To make a long story short, it feels like I'm sometimes taking 2 steps forward, 2-3 steps back.

My losing days are so rough it's getting to me, and they're happening more often than my winning days.

I added $40. I got up to $48, and then went down to $28 over the next few days. I started recovering, went back to $41 over the next week, now I'm down to $26.

I'm not playing more than 600-700 hands per day.

For some of my stats in 20k hands, VPIP: 22.3, PFR: 16.16.

Essentially, how long should it take to beat 2NL?

Are swings like this common at all stakes?

I'm still a losing player. But I believe I have everything it takes to become a winning player.

Thanks!

Source.