1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette how to increase your probability of win - christmas gift

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by alibaba, Dec 24, 2017.

1. alibaba

alibaba New Member

Hi, i'm new here, i want to start with a gift that probabily you guys don't know, so i want to start talking about how to increase the probability of win and how to reduce the edge of the game.
    (sorry my bad english)
    If we bet 10 coins on red we can win 20 coins with a probability of the 48.65%.

Which means that every 1000 bets, we have 4865 coins earned and 5135 coins lost, so each 1000 bets we go negative of 135 coins, it's a mathematical thing, we can't do nothing about it if we play in a random way, american roulette have the double edge so, let's change game because it's a suicide.

But what can we do? We can increase our chance of victory, in a significant way.

If we, instead of play 10 coins on red, we split 10 coins and play 5 coins on dozen, if we win, we have 5 coins remained + 5 betted + 10 won for a total of 20 coins, instead if we lose, we still have 5 coins that we play on 9 number, so we can always win 20 coins, so playing 10 coins or split 10 in 2 bets of 5 coins leads at the same result, 20 coins if we win, or 0 if we lose.

BUT the 2 ways to go to 20 coins aren't the same, in fact if we split the 10 coins in 2 bets of 5 coins, the probability of succeed, aren't 48.65%, but 48.87%, so we have reduced the edge of 0.22% with this simple trick,
    let me show you the formula for this simple trick: 12/37+(25/37*9/37) = 0.4887

Now we can do better, instead of play 2 dozens at the same time with a chance of 0.6486, we can split the bet and play first red or black and if we lose, a dozen, so in this case we are risking 2 for make 1 in both situations but, if we play normal, our chance is 0.6486%, instead if we play like i saied, our chance
    raises to 0.6530% and we have reduced the edge of 0.44%, here is the formula
    18/37+(19/37*12/37) = 0.6530%

Now we can combine what i explained until now, i mean, we can play the last example, but we switch red or black with a dozen and 9 numbers so we increase our chance of success at 0.6545, and we have reduced the edge of about 0.60%, we can go further until we can crush the edge and play almost in a total fair game... i know, this is a long thread, however can be very helpful, i want to remind that with this technique, we can reduce the edge and play in a fair game, but for have an advantage we need other knowledge that we can talk about in other thread
    For now i think this is enough, i want to see some interest for a good thing like this, before i go further.

2. HAL

HAL Member

Too many if's for me!

3. Prozema

Prozema New Member

So what you are saying is that I either win a little or lose a lot. Right?

4. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Alibaba,

Unfortunately you suck at math. The house edge remains the same from one spin to the next regardless of the how you bet on the layout, with the exception of the 0,00,1,2,3 street.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. RouletteGhost

RouletteGhost Well-Known Member

I’m no fan of the alibala scammer

But I must point out your contradiction

You yourself state the house edge changes when betting on the past numbers that hit

So IF you are correct then no, the probability does NOT stay the same as there are factors that go into it that could cause the house edge to drop

Does the house edge stay the same spin to spin? If so then stop claiming betting the last few numbers will lower the house edge. It is misleading like flat earth :)

6. RouletteGhost

RouletteGhost Well-Known Member

Don’t get all flat earthy on me now.

USA-rocket-883221.jpg

Attached Files:

7. Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone

Dr. Sir Anyone Anyone Well-Known Member Lineage to Founders

Shoe Cobbler
    Ghost,

There's a huge difference between exploiting a biased wheel and betting on dozens and colors that have hit.