1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker How to win a MTT 2019

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Calculus, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Calculus

Calculus Guest

Ok there’s a lot of threads about ”can you win at poker anymore”. How many are winners etc. Why not start a thread how you win at poker 2019 and discuss how to bring back the game.

In the 90s you could play poker perfectly and always win money without big risk. Now it’s a different game with quantity play, jamming turn and river and after the bubble shove on 50/50 or even a couple of 40/60 percent chances so you can get to the final table with a monsterchipstack.

There is so many playing this way so there will always be many with monsterstacks in the top 10 and there is the money so it forces everyone to play this way.

Take a look at the stats of a pro and you get it how quantity and taking risk is the key nowadays:
    You Tube

So what to do about it and not bleed chip against the jammers? Daniel "Kid Poker" Negreanu has one approach to it ”small-balls”-poker. Betting 1/4 on the flop instead of 3/4 or pot like in the old days. This for seeing more showdowns to a lower price and take out the jammers when you hit the nuts on 4th and 5th street.

After the ITM I don’t find any good defence to the jammers because then everyone goes crazy. It’s boring bingo instead of poker. I don’t think people want to play this way but are forced of the new jammingstylepoker a la 2019. How do you handle the new environment? Do you think it’s fun? I mean if you play like this at a home game with friends you get kicked out. The onlinepokerrooms needs to take back the game. I hope they’re working on it.

Source.