1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Baccarat I don't care what the "pro's" say.

Discussion in 'Baccarat Forum' started by RandolphJay, Aug 30, 2019.

1. RandolphJay

RandolphJay New Member

New to this forum. First thing I would like to comment on is this: So Baccarat is really like a coin toss. I have studied and studied and practiced and finally played for real two days ago. I've read all over the net about the phenomenon that each and every hand has the exact same 50/50 chance of winning no matter how many times in a row the last hand played. I'm calling BS on this. I was able to hit $900 and quickly left. I play the stadium baccarat and had a bankroll of 1,000. I patiently waited until three hands produced the same B or P, and then placed my 15 buck bet on the opposite and did the Martingale method until I won it back. Slow and steady was my method.

So did I just have beginner's luck the other night or is this strategy workable? I have never been to a table playing Baccarat. Just the stadium style, which moves so much quicker. Yeah, yeah, supposedly seasoned players like the socializing with others at a table, but to be honest, I'm not there for fun. I'm here to win $$$$. If I want fun, I'll go to a comedy club. And I have absolutely no expectation that I am going to win all the time. I totally get it. Nice chatting with you folks. I welcome feedback and advice. I'm a complete novice. And I hope I articulated my comment well enough to get my point across. If three in a row came up while you were just observing, would anyone NOT bet the opposite on the next hand?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Terry Plumb and Junket King like this.
  2. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Member

Simply put, you just got lucky. I live in Las Vegas, and I regularly see steaks of 12-16 on one side. Take a look at the
    Live B+M Shoes thread in this forum, and you will see what I mean. What works one day will kill you the next. I am here to learn myself as there are some professional players on here.

Terry Plumb likes this.
  3. Junket King

Junket King Well-Known Member Compulsive Liar

ABR Complusive LIAR Management
    True, but there also exists expected frequency distribution, which has been proven.

It is very much workable.

LOL, most players are Chinese, so if you don't speak Chinese!!!!!

Exactly.

You make some good points, your strategy is AS3, when I first started playing, I played AS4, occasionally AS3.

It can be a long time before you see a streak of 12 (unless playing online). You will get hit one day, who knows, you should be able to make some decent money before then, but who knows.

The only advice I can give you, is 1 - maybe look for a different bet progression, which isn't so damaging if it fails compared to the Marty (Fibonacci) 2 - consider applying the brakes after 3 losses and wait for another streak of 3, this will give you a bit of protection against any single instance of a long streak of 12.

Beware if you are betting Bank against a long Player streak, you might not make any profit, once you factor in the Banker tax and your bets reach a certain level.

Terry Plumb and cps10 like this.
  4. cps10

cps10 Well-Known Member

I still apply an AS3 or AS4 to this day. Also stop at 2 or 3 losses and I definitely don’t use the Marty. That’s just dangerous...UNLESS, and this is dangerous too, you are on a quick hit mission and bet ONE time after a streak and maybe even use a Grand Marty for that. But I still don’t recommend it. Bankroll can get killed after one bust. There are plenty of mild progressions you can use with such a selection strategy that will keep you “healthy”.

Junket King likes this.
  5. R19

R19 Active Member 👹 Troll 👹

If your strategy worked would not everyone be doing it or you are one of the few out of millions that figured it out?

6. Junket King

Worked for months for me, table hopping & hedging...

Terry Plumb likes this.
  7. jbs

jbs Well-Known Member

"Pros" don't play systems! Pros find a way to gain an edge on the game. You'll go broke, case closed.

P.S. baccarat is NOT a 50/50 game.

Bago likes this.

8. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    What fucking case? You haven't closed a case yet. You stand there on your soapbox and spout axioms, cliche's, and boring platitudes like sophistry is a new form of intelligence. Like JK says, get a life. We don't need saving spandexBoy. Try your messiah complex where idiots lap up this shit. In other words, somewhere else.

Nathan Detroit and Junket King like this.
  9. Junket King

FFS do humanity a favour and drop dead. You boring insignificant weasel.

10. Junket King

With respect, the shoes I post in that thread, are online shoes, where they DO NOT shuffle the cards correctly, hence those streaks.

11. gizmotron

gizmotron Well-Known Member Founding Member

Retired
    Wow, that's like finding a really broke - biased wheel. Take it all while they are giving it away.

12. Junket King

Easier said than done. Firstly I do like like deviating from what I am doing, the overtly streaky sections are unpredictable. I believe in Murphy's Law, I ramp things up, I lose my first bet, I just know it. I have on occasions deviated and switched to FLD gingerly, do not subscribe to betting positive because once you factor in the losing bet, I might as well flat betted.

So long as I neutralise those massive streaks from impacting my normal mode of play, I'm content with that. I know what you're saying though, would love to hit one of those long streaks at £100 per bet, but can't bring myself to doing it, too long in the tooth, too much table experience to know, doing so will more likely bite me in the arse than anything else.

Terry Plumb likes this.
  13. RouletteGhost

RouletteGhost Well-Known Member

At resorts in queens, organic baccarat, real cards in a bubble dealt by robotic hand, I see many many looooong streaks.

14. Junket King

I was going to comment on that machine. Anybody considering playing it, should pay careful attention to the shuffle procedures used, before the cards are loaded into the robotic contraption. Non- B&M shuffle procedures, yes, expect the abnormal. Long streaks happen in the Real World, but every shoe??

There is a competition in the UK, called the super pay egalite, get 12 Banks in a row while you have the button and you will win £2k minimum, this can go for weeks or even months before it is won, it increments 5p every Banker hand. Once it went up to £40k locally, in Birmingham it went up to £70k. Online the fucker would be won every day. No way should these online shoes ever be considered normal.

Terry Plumb likes this.

15. RouletteGhost

Live games are illegal in down state NY

Resorts world convinced the state to let them have airball roulette and robotic baccarat.

If it’s real cards then it’s real Baccarat. Cool if you ask me

16. Junket King

How are the cards randomised prior to going into the shoe/device, waiting to be dealt?

Terry Plumb likes this.
  17. RouletteGhost

Not to sure I’ll try and see next time

18. Junket King

It's ok, just watched the youtube video. I doubt the built in automated shuffle is as thorough as the patterned Angel technology, as you wouldn't expect to to see those streaks as seen on the video.

19. Bago

Bago Well-Known Member

Do you get an edge buddy?.

20. RouletteGhost

I’m not just saying this

This is a true story

But

I did what you did

$1000 bankroll

Electronic baccarat

I’d wait for 3 in a row then martingale the other side. I lost that bankroll

It’s a learning curve. You’ll see

Luck is on your side

You are missing the streaks

Limit your exposure. Don’t play continuously

I won doing what you are doing for months. The streak will eventually hit while your playing.

Terry Plumb likes this.