1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker I dont get this

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by LukeSilver, Apr 9, 2016.

1. LukeSilver

LukeSilver Guest

so one thing I have noticed about poker, after some time is it seems everyone subconsciously knows how good they really are or most do anyway.

this is seen in many examples such as when you go to a cash table, the regs or pros want to be as deep as possible to allow them to exploit every opportunity.

the weaker plays tend to buyin for smaller amounts usually the table minimum because they dont want to be exposed to such risk.

the thing I dont get is why would a good player want to pretend to be a fish? to an extent I can understand it live you want people to make false assumptions about you and thus make mistakes. you want to keep them playing you.

but online when many people game select surely the last thing you want is to attract competent professionals to yourself. I want to over advertise myself as a shark to get rid of regs not attract them.

sure if a terrible player sits me (i play heads up hypers) and stats complaining about a rig I am not going to argue with them, more I am going to agree with them and complain (lying) about how much money I have lost etc. so they feel I am on there level.

but many regs hide there stats, i dont think the casual gambler is looking them up, I would support the idea that the majority of people that bother to look up there opposition or potential opposition are actually competent players. why because they have the mentality to make that extra effort whilst casuals just want to gamble.

so I always make a point of having my stats on full display to say look how I crush these games do you really want to play me?

why because thats likely only been said to players I want to avoid not many losing players are looking that up.

so what am I missing here?

Source.

2. Rona

Rona Active Member

I don't get this either my friend