1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker I keep busting out just before the final table!!??

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by DaFrank, Jan 15, 2019.

1. DaFrank

DaFrank Guest

IDK what my problem is!!! I do fairly decent most of the way through most tournaments and then for some reason I just fall apart at the final couple of tables and most importantly right before the final table.

Last night I was in just a little 10$ freeroll on ACR. 684 people total I believe. I obviously had my ups and downs throughout the tournament, as everyone does.. but for the most I had a pretty healthy chip stack the whole tourney. At some points being well above the average chip stack.

Getting down to the final 15 players or so I had 60,000 in chips, in 8th place. At that point in the tournament you hardly ever see a flop because the short stacks raise all in whenever they have decent cards and the bigger stacks raise well above the big blind to steal them.

At that point I guess I just get nervous or something and am not sure what to do exactly. So when I get a couple of cards to where I decide to raise 3 times the big blind at 1000/2000 to 6,000, someone raises me 12,000. I have 10/J suited and am now not sure what to do so I make the call anyway. The flop is AJ9 and the person I'm against bets 24,000. I panic and raise ALL IN hoping that he doesn't have the Ace and will fold. He calls and flips over KQ and the turn,river is 2,10. He hits a straight and I bust out in 11TH FREAKING PLACE when obviously only the top 10 are ITM.

This happens to me over and over and over. What should I do? What would you have done? Should I just hold on the decent chip stack I have and wait till other people go out? I've finished in the top 25 of those freerolls probable 15 times times and just can't get over the hump.

I know its a long post but any advice?

DaFrank
    :confused::mad::(:rolleyes:

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    Sure wish you could get an agreement with "source" to come read and respond, it's pointless to reply here without the author commenting (just saying).. but appreciate the effort to have more posts.