Discussion in 'Craps Forum' started by Frank Scoblete, Nov 7, 2015.
22 people in the crew and NOBODY knows of them? Nobody to collaborate your stories, no photos, no documentation, no evidence.
Please Mark V, I have a photo of the whole Crew, with the Captain, at the Castle in Atlantic City. I have shown it multiple times at seminars and at Frank Scoblete's Gamblers Jamborees. I don't know where you get your information from (or create it from) but Satch, the only other remaining member of the Crew has backed up all the stories. I do not post the photo since that would reveal to a big public folks who do not want their pictures posted (yes, even though they are dead). I guess you can say that picture is show but not tell.
Given your TV and Media history ... Why where not any of these 22 past crew members interviewed? Why is it that The Captain and everything proceeding GTC was eliminated from the documentary? Do I dare venture to guess that the producers also said: Bullshit! To your claims.
If I was to ask Dominator about The Captain...can you venture to guess what he will say? Yeah, 'fiction' is what he will say.
You know Frank. I have all of your books (mostly obtained them used) and I thank you for providing a me a with a base level understanding of gambling, money management and the games themselves. However, that is all that it ever was. You see, as I progressed in my casino play I figured out a few things:
1. Craps Dice hitting the diamond backwall do not stay on-axis, and return a random result.
2. Only short throws that do not hit the backwall or roll up to the backwall can be controlled.
3. Tossing the dice with a High lob so that they come straight down to the table surface and glance off the backwall can be controlled
4. Casino gaming security AKA boxmen and pit bosses are quick to call 'No Roll' on short throws, and that 'The dice can not be higher than the stickmans eyes', so shooters who toss short or throw lobs will quickly get the dice taken away.
5. Short throw artist are quick to get tagged in Las Vegas and can find themselves unable to shoot in many casinos - even ones they never played in!
You know, when you wrote that Dominator stuck you with a 50K debt, that said everything I needed to know. In short is: You guys never profited from Craps, and whatever monies that came from GTC fueled your weekends playing and losing.
The way you write to play craps in your books is how the casinos want the players to play craps, a losing way.
You talk about using the 5-count. Did you realize that after the 5th roll there is 51% that the shooter will roll the seven, and it just gets worse from there on, and remember the average craps hand is 8.3 rolls. Why in the hell would I want to make a come bet or place the six and eight on the fifth roll?
Hey Frank, have you ever considered that taking your bets down after a few rolls actually is Advantage play? If you lay the 4 and 10 on the completion of the 5-count, that is also advantage play!
A couple of guys up in Canada figured all of this out and wrote a book called 'Learn to Play Craps from Part-time Dice Pros' by C. "Judge" Johnson
These guys nailed it far better than you ever did, and what do they think about Dice Control or Dice Influence? Apparently not much, for they say that it makes no difference in the outcome.
I am not angry or mad at you, Frank. I am just saying bullshit to your Captain and his crew, and your claims of Dice Control.
Your math is off. Your post is wrong. But you can believe whatever you want to.
Oh Really!? Just because you say so? Or do you have any specifics that you l like to get in to.
Go over your post. You should be able to tell what is wrong with the math. Come on, Mark V, you are a self-proclaimed expert, right?
I'm primarily posting this response in hopes of being a $1,500 winner, however Indie you should have paid attention more in high school math if you don't see your obvious error which you posted here and elsewhere. But I have no problem with you presenting incorrect math but please don't post this 5th roll crap on the wizards board or they might not be so understanding as Frank and the Captain.
I get my math from The Wizard of Odds, you can dispute him if you like about the craps rolls and odds of throwing a seven.
See: Number of rolls table in craps - http://wizardofodds.com/games/craps/number-of-rolls/
On the 6th roll the shooter has a 49% chance of not throwing a seven, or a 51% of throwing the seven.
You are misreading the Wizard. Go back and give some thought to what you are actually reading.
Better yet, why not explain how I am wrong. Come on Frank, stop being obtuse and cryptic!
Fish put the hook in your mouth. He explained plainly where you were going wrong. Re-read his assessment of your ability to read and do math.
Sorry Frank, citing criticism as proof is not an valid argument. Its like saying "I think you are an asshole, and the guy over there thinks you are an asshole too, so therefor You are an Asshole!"
If you are unable to explain why the 5-count is a valid Craps play method, and why after the 5th roll it is a Terrible idea to make a bet other than the Don'ts, then I win this debate. I know you are a good writer and have studied gambling for a long time. I await your replies.
Gee, Mark V, I am surprised you don't see the fundamental mathematical mistake you are making in your attack on me. Fish has it right. He told you exactly what your mistake is. I am amazed that you can't see it. The Wizard of Odds is not saying what you think he is saying. Poor reading and math skills on your part I'm afraid.
As for the 5-Count, my books cover it completely. I don't think you read those books properly either. You might hesitate before you write reviews of what people have written as you have been totally wrong in your references to Wizard and to my works.
Just a suggestion: In the future tread carefully to avoid errors that would make some readers think you are...well, I am (somewhat) sure you can guess what they would think you are.
I hope I will win De money with this post. Anyways, here,
is a hint...Time is on my side, yes it is.
Oh my Gawd! This thread is like talking to brainwashed Cultist! When you point out the fallacies in their thinking and logic they always say, "You are not reading the book right!" and they simply defer the argument either to an inaccessible authority and belittle the critic and attempt to chase them away (or if they are the admin of a board - kick them out!)
I will simply stand on my assertions that:
- The Captain and his crew are fictional characters created by Frank Scoblete
- Dice Control/Dice Influence is nothing but snake oil that Frank, and later Dominator, used to sell books, videos, seminars and personal coaching.
- There is no proof that Dice Control or Dice Influence has any effect on valid rolls of the craps dice (that is legal dice tosses that hit the diamond back wall)
- The 5-count http://www.goldentouchcraps.com/proof.shtml is not supported with real math.
I recommend you read this very interesting article http://dicedoctor.info/?page_id=359 where the writer takes a Dice Influence Seminar and describes the members being in a cult like mindset and how out of touch with reality such people can get. I am sure Frank will say that I read this article wrong too!
This issue is now in the hands of the silent readers, and you know who you are, to decide for yourself what is real and what is fiction.
Little Joe gave you the correct answer. Reread Little Joe's last sentence on Rick's board. He gave you the correct answer of the probability of a seven happening on the 6th toss after you have completed 5 tosses and it ain't 1 out of 2 chances of tossing a 7.
There is an old book, 'Craps by the Numbers' by Craps by the Numbers that goes expands on the Sequence of odds and how the Wizard developed this chart: http://wizardofodds.com/games/craps/number-of-rolls/ where the math is displayed here http://mathproblems.info/working.php#s204
Here is some more explanation
The odds of a occurrence in an single event and the odds of occurrence in a series of events is what is at stake here. So the odds of the seven in any SINGLE EVENT is 16.67%, though the odds of the seven showing in a series of events is what Craps Survival and Craps by the Numbers is all about. This is mathematical proof why the 5-count fails.
Casinos build their fortunes on the math of odds with these games, not luck. For the player who understand the Math of odds and how the casinos use this this math, it can take them from being a losing player to a winning player.
It's a strange but wonderful world.
Finally, you got it. Congratulations!
The 5-Count is not an advantage play. It just reduces the number of random rolls you face. Not betting on anyone reduces the number of random rolls you face (other than yourself) to zero. None of that is hidden in my books.
Anyway this has been a nice chat. I want to thank Fish for his commentary.
Separate names with a comma.