1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Is this a bad fold?

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Oct 8, 2020.

1. $20 buy-in 5-handed home game With no ante with close friends. Hero OOP in the small blind with 89ss, villain is on the button with KhQd. Villain has been shown to be capable of making bluffs with blockers but unsure how often, he always limps preflop and plays most hands. I cover the villain With about 95 BB and stacks are roughly 70 BB effective (Blinds are 25/50, so 3500 effective stack size). First player to act folds, cutoff raises to 150, button calls, I call in the SB, BB calls. Flop comes J89 2 clubs. I check. Big blind bets 200, cutoff folds, button calls, I check-raise it to 800, BB and button both call. Pot is now 3000 (I think I normally bet that flop but the BB was a bluff machine and I wanted to get more money in the pot by letting him bet). Turn is the jack of diamonds. I check, BB checks, button leads out for 400, me and the BB both call. Pot is now 4200. River is an off suit 5. I check, BB checks, button shoves all in for roughly another 2000. Action is on me and the BB speaks out of turn saying he will fold, making my decision to call a little bit better. It was a tough spot because the blinds were about to go to 50/100, and I currently had about 30 bigs at that level, but if I called and lost I would be left with only around 10 BB. I yanked for a long time and my decision came down to whether or not he would shove a jack, and I do believe this player would have shoved a jack, never really believed that he had Q10 although it was possible since he played the hand so passively and just called down in position. Looking back on it I think my odds may have been way too good to fold but I tanked first a while and eventually folded. Villain shows me KQ off. I’m just curious as to how close this was, how anyone would have played it differently etc. I could certainly have a jack or a straight there but I was unsure of how high up 8 9 really was in my range. Curious to get thoughts, I think it’s more of a call now after the fact but really unsure.

Source

2. olga909

olga909 New Member

Don`t understand your message to the end.