1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Forex Learn Computer and Data Science with Algorithmic Trading

Discussion in 'Forex Forum' started by vladi1979, Oct 12, 2018.

1. vladi1979

vladi1979 Guest

intro:
    I have always been fascinated by how fast computers can do calculations and since I found algorithmic trading I immediately loved it. However I was totally lost with many different advises around the topic:

1. Money management
    2. Making more trades to be confident that system works
    3. Trading strategy
    4. Trading Journal
    5. Be aware about statistical performance of trades
    6. Market Type
    7. Back-testing science
    8. Be aware about macroeconomic events
    9. Be social
    10. etc ...

Everything must be considered so it would become total burden for anyone attempting to climb this rock! ... but I am a lazy person to be consistent in these details :face_with_finger_covering_closed_lips:

At the same time [professionally] I have discovered the power of R Statistical Software. So I started to study both things at the same time! I decided to make my way in algorithmic trading! I wanted to create completely automated system that would consider all above aspects by itself allowing trader just to supervise and check the progress. I saw that R [and Python too] are just the great tools to help me with my idea. Finally I have spend about a year to gradually create few building blocks using combination of MT4 and R...
    as a result:
    I found out two things:

1. I was quickly avoiding burden of manual operations within algorithmic trading
    2. I was creating amazing content that helped me to learn and practice R skills which I was efficiently using later to grow professionally

finally:
    I decided to make all my studies public for every one to reproduce!
    and now:
    I have published several e-learning courses as a step by -step guide to re-create my system and learn computer and data science:

1. Set up your Home Trading Environment - Learn Computer and Data Science through Algorithmic Trading, set up your Trading Environment
    2. Set up your Trading Strategy Robot - Learn how Trading Robot Template is working and how to modify it to work with Decision Support System
    3. Set up your automated Trading Journal - Build your own Interactive Trading Journal in R Shiny App
    4. Statistical Trading Analysis and Control - Learn to set up Automated Statistical Analysis and Control of your Trading Systems. Learn Reinforcement Learning!
    5. Forex News and Sentiment Analysis - Learn to stop your Algorithmic Trading System when specific Macroeconomic Events are expected
    6. Detect Market status with AI - Learn to use Supervised Deep Learning modelling to detect patterns of Financial Assets
    7. Developing Self Learning Trading Robot - Learn to assemble Smart Learning Algorithms. Predict future price change based on financial data patterns

Color Legend: Related to Algorithmic Trading | Related to Data and Computer Science

what is the message: I believe that the core component of such comprehensive system should be Decision Support System. Expandable system composed of the building blocks.

I hope to discuss these ideas here and hopefully help others to learn computer and data science to boost your carrier and have fun [hopefully also have > :moneybag:] in trading

Note: Please use this thread to discuss ideas of:

1. learning computer and data science with algo - trading;
    2. using Decision Support System in Algo-trading;
    3. similar examples already built by others

Recommendation is not to go in deep discussion for each individual topic as to avoid 'information overload. If not exist yet, I would rather create a separate thread

Warning: The methods I am sharing are quite time consuming to reproduce. I have recently reproduced them on separate machine spending about 15 hours [3 hours on troubleshooting with Windows 10]

Source.