1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Horse Racing Lkid1's NYRA

Discussion in 'Horse Racing Forum' started by Louisvillekid1, Sep 17, 2019.

1. I re evaluated they other thread and realized I was forgetting the golden rule. I simply wasn't making straight win bets. I was pleased with the handicapping but, wasn't bringing in the money along the way of coming come to big scores. Also I wanted something just for NYRA and big races and/or carryovers.

I started on Wednesday's Card, last night, won't always post reasoning but a lot of times if I can type out why Im doing what Im doing , its helps me and gives me a chance to second take. Also I need to hold myself accountable with tracking daily , so i can learn from my mistakes

Of course all plays won't be official until posted after changes.

Wrote some last night:

So I just absolutely love this Wednesday card, I mean top to bottom from a fan and gambling aspect. Unfortunately I have a work obligation, that I mostly likely can not get out of. Ill have to sneak off every 25 minutes to watch NYRA live on my phone if so.

Race 2 is all about #2 KATAMA BAY , Brad cox and Joel are on fire early in this meet, and really stand out in this field. They debuted at the 90k mdn level at 18/1 going 5.5 on the lawn finishing 8th outta 9 beaten by 8 lengths, but came back a 71 beyer. That race turned out to be a strong one and after joel went 4 wide on the turn, he backed off this one a bit. Been working evenly since and takes that big drop in this game, going into Maiden Claimers. Because this horse is going turf to dirt, we should get some value here. As i said this field is rather weak, the surrounding horses #1 BLUES CITY and #3 MR PHIL , could be on improve here and make a ton sense underneath. The only firster im interested in is #5 LIVEYOURBEASTLIFE , Franco for Abreu. Irad has one on the outside for Contessa first off the claim from Pletcher, who was a 100k purchase beaten fav the last week @ Saratoga. I remember fading this horse, as Todd doesn’t start his good 6 figure purchases at the Claiming ranks, if Contessa turns this one around in just a few weeks, then i’ll have to tip my cap and rip my ticket. Im getting greedy here, by not only singling but playing to win, on top of the 1,3,5 in Ex and Tri.

Race 3 is really nice 77k allowance race for only a 6 horse field. #1 OFF TOPIC Manny for Todd, is coming outta the G1 alabama finishing 4th behind DUNBAR ROAD, POINT OF HONOR, & STREET BAND. Nothing wrong with that at all ,eh? Has been in Graded stakes the last 4, but hasn’t won since breaking her maiden Christmas time in Florida. Makes a lot of sense, but not my top choice. #2 TAKE CHARGE AUBREY , is reunited w/ Jose Ortiz who this time last year won by 4 @ this level, beaten by a nose for 200k stakes, then won by 5 for 40k in an OC. That’s awfully impressive, but since the form doesn’t seem to be there, even this being a 3rd off the layoff try. Mr. Levine is stretching this one back out for this first time this year where they 4 2-0-0 and owns a 4 2-1-0 record at this track. I just prefer others here. #3 COTTONWOOD FALLS or #4 BRUCIA LA TERRA would be big surprises here. Now we get the the Chad Brown’s duo, #5 SMOOTH WITH A KICK , is a 650k purchase who broke her maiden by 5.5 @ the spa for the 90k mdn level. But then Chad drops this one into a 25kOC and runs 4th outta 5 beaten by 7.5. I know people aren’t claiming from Chad lately, but I don’t understand that, not like he needed the win for the meet. Put up a bullet since, but really leaves me with mixed feelings. However, his other filly is my top pick who I nearly singled. #6 FOOLISH LIVING , Another 650k purchase broke maiden on debut for 80k here pp 9 outta 10, followed up by being on the rail at saratoga , started terrible before a late rally to finish 6th beaten by 2.25 first time vs winners. Has 4 good works since, gets back outside, and Irad takes over for ice cold Javy who might of choose to ride the #5. I would like to use the 1,5,6 and put some win money on the #6.

The pace is really tough to figure in this race, Im guessing Johnny on the #3 and/or Jose on the #2 get the front, I just hope that they don’t let one get too soft up front as all 3 horses Im using need pace to run after, especially the top selection and that’s why I didn’t single. As im typing this , its concerning me, but im not going 5 deep in this 6 horse field.

Race 4 starts the late pick 5 which is really tough imo, it’s really open. If I play a ticket Lots of familiar rivals here if you follow NYRA , side note TROUBLE FOR SKYLAR is only ever entered as a MTO lol, always trying to catch an off the turf small ill-prepared field. This race is wide open, #1 DANCINGWTHDAFFODLS , has some things to like i suppose, 1-1 at the distance and gets Jose who rode this one twice losing by a hd and winning by a nose (in an identical race to this one) Ever since I asked STR about seeing this PREVIOUSLY TRAINED BY so and so, Im seeing it all over the place, and been noticing its been more of a negative just to change barns with no explanation. I can’t get behind, but understand if you do getting jose and dropping . #3 FACTOR , is taking the drop, 2nd off the layoff , Johnny comes back for Michelle Nevin. Hasn’t won in quite some time and just another i can’t get behind. Kinda of caught my eye as a hunch play because I have seen a lot of THE FACTOR’S winning lately. #5 MORISSETTE , is another I guess makes some sense, just missed with joel, and he returns for joe sharp. But that was on the slop. Did run a good race in jersey 3 back on the grass, but finished well behind the rail horse who we aren’t using 2nd back. and I can’t get behind. Just hoping those types get over bet in this deep field. #5 AMANDA LANE , Joe bravo for Ed Barker, and caught my eye right of the bat. This 5 year old into mischief , is 2 for 24, but only 5 turf tries. What stood out was the last time he was 3rd off the layoff won an inner turf 66k allowance race here @ 60/1. This horse is going to be a big price , but seeing something like that and I like that Its Jersey’s Joe’s only listed mount. #8 GOLCONDA , is probably the going to be the favorite (typing this Sunday Night) Jason Servis, somehow gets this one from Chad brown, another one of those PREVIOUSLY TRAINED and put in a 30kOC in jersey ran 3rd beaten by a length. Hasn’t been back in the gate for over 2 months, and Im in no means in love with this one, but have to use. #9 MOYNE SPUN , is JJ for Brad Cox, if you draw a line through this one’s lone allowance try 2 back, you have 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd in the last 5 at the claiming ranks. Clearly a player here. Im using the 5,8,9 in the early pick 5, but can’t double it up on the late pick 5, as the rest of the sequence is brutal and my single would have to come in the big race of the day, which is really competitive as well. I think you could try to get a 5,8,9 Ex Box home but even that is iffy and I don’t like to box without a key horse anyway. Especially im guessing the 8 and 9 will be short prices. Im relooking over and seeing that their is a ton of pace here, it could set up for the #5 horse at price, maybe I’ll throw a few bucks on a win ticket at a price. Looking even closer @ #5 AMANDA LANE, gets that win with an 85 from off the pace last time 3rd off the layoff. Then didn’t put a terrible # @ 74 first time off the layoff @ the spa, and just draw a line through the slop try last out. Starting to like this one more and more.

Source.