1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Looking at remaining players in a tournament

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by DaFrank, Jan 12, 2019.

1. DaFrank

DaFrank Guest

Does anyone else check to see where they are among remaining players like, wayyy too much?? I feel like its probably not a good thing.

I tend to play differently based on where I'm ranked among the remaining players in a tournament. If I'm one of the shorter stacks I tend to be a little wreckless. If I'm around the middle of the pack I tend to just wait for a good hand and (typically don't make the best poker play). If I'm one of the bigger stacks I tend to be very reserved and not very aggressive.

I hope I can learn to not player watch, make the best poker plays regardless of remaining players and not get all nervous towards the final few tables.. Good Luck Everyone

DaFrank

Source.

2. DRAikens

DRAikens Member Lineage to Founders

Maintence tech / operator
    always play smart not wreck-less, i have played wreck-less in the past. when you have a big stack you have and advantage, use that big stack and look for opportunities, or situation were it will gain you chips. small and medium usually do not want to go up against a big stack unless they have a monster. if i am small stack i am looking for places were i can double up. so you look for idea situations were you can get all your chips in. hopefully going in with odds in your favor. in the middle look for situation that will gain you chips.