1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Meep Meep, how I blew a great run last night

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by _420_420_, Nov 29, 2018.

1. _420_420_

_420_420_ Guest

So I was on fire last night, until I wasn't. I made one bad fold and I think that is what cost me the game. But then the hand that knocked me was a bit of a cooler too.

So the first hand that I had folded the blinds were 3k/6k and I had about 25bb and i get KQo on the BB... It is folded down to the button who limps with 10bb and has been playing a bit loose, and the SB who plays really tight shoves for 10bb. I fold since I put him on at least an Ace, or high pocket pair. He had ATs, SB had JTo. Flop comes up KQT, then two bricks. Was that a bad fold? Was KQ off worth 9 more bbs against someone I put on having the Ace?

Then the hand that knocked me the blinds were up to 5l/10k and I had 13bb left with A5s in the middle position, I raised 3bb and get called by someone who had a monster stack behind me. The flop comes up A59, with two spades, and I C bet half the pot since I put this guy on at least some ace. but he shoves me all in and I call since I am down to just 5bb with two pair I think I am pot committed. He flips over a set of Fives.

So I think I blew it but I hope I can learn from this to crush it in the future...
    Also Happy Thanksgiving all, hope you enjoy the holiday

Source.