1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Roulette My Guru says....

Discussion in 'Roulette Forum' started by beat-the-wheel, Apr 29, 2015.

1. beat-the-wheel

beat-the-wheel Member Founding Member

My Guru says...

All bet selection will hit disaster sooner or later.
    it is how u avoid the disaster...., namely,before the disaster, or, during the disaster, that determine whether u lose or keep your underwear...or make a bundle...

2. albalaha

albalaha Active Member Founding Member

player
    Variance is the core of gambling or randomness. We can not predict that in which shape and till what stretch, which variety of variance will be seen. In gambling, even the worst kind of variance may not be devastating for you, if you know how to avoid being washed by them, even if it comes to its virtually worst limits.
    My statement may look like impossible to many since none bothers to talk about how to play long run surviving high tides that keeps coming, time to time. See any system written anywhere, all talks of playing in short run where nothing can work, to gain, even at a slight chance.

3. beat-the-wheel

beat-the-wheel Member Founding Member

Wow! Albalaha,
    I begin to suspect that we share the same Guru!
    But u seems to understand more about gambling than I do...
    My Guru taught me how to wait and detect long losing streaks, which I understand perfectly,
    but that Old Man, wont talk much how to bet the progressive staking, maybe u could tell...

4. albalaha

albalaha Active Member Founding Member

player
    I am my Guru myself. I learnt all the realities through reading books of probability and statistics and many university research papers apart from countless simulations , tests and real plays. You are trying to find a solution in forums where half the members are into fallacious beliefs due to inability to understand the maths behind gambling and other half feels that it is impossible to win. Sadly gambling authors have also added different type of fallacies only. A few feel that some sort of "Advantage Play" can lead them to winning for sure. Sadly none is able to prove that. In reality, even an "Advantage Play" is not immune from variance.