1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker need some advice on Tourney

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Naresh, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Naresh

Naresh Guest

I have been playing Tourney on and off for the last month mostly freerolls and making some bad move and bad guess in few Tourneys. more number of games I have been very good in reaching to the last 10-20% of the players. My only problem in handling aggressive players or bluffers is too difficult. any recommendations on what to follow or what not to do? many situations I get to loose in very few hands with mostly to poor hands even when I have decent hand.

Source.

2. TEACH (AlSpath)

TEACH (AlSpath) Active Member Founding Member

Poker Instructor
    A tournament has three parts like a book: the beginning, the middle; and the ending. You must adjust your play as you transition through them. Most likely you get to the last 20% without enough chips amassed and you must play out of your comfort zone and a wider range of hands and get beat. It's important during the middle stages to strategically attack blinds and use position to gather chips. Also pick on short stacks who must make a stand with LESS than a quality hand, meaning you should be ahead more often than not.

3. DRAikens

DRAikens Member Lineage to Founders

Maintence tech / operator
    you said, My only problem in handling aggressive players or bluffers is too difficult. learn how to do both of these things by situation only, or set up the situation. if you know what your problems are work on not doing them.