1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback New Rule: No sock puppet accusations outside of the Sock Puppet Accusations section

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by Admin Team, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

Hi Folks,

Lately we have been seeing too many false accusations of sock puppetry (multiple accounts) levied against other members.

The problem with such accusations is that they are extremely easy to make in the middle of a discussion thread to unfairly discredit another member (as a form of an Ad Hominem attack), most of those accusations end up proving false, the mere accusation leads to unfair discrediting of other members and the derailment of threads (as threads then go off-topic and begin discussing the sock puppetry instead of the thread topic), and even when we correct the false accusations, our corrections get lost in the middle of an unrelated thread which doesn't exactly transparently clear the accused's name.

Since having sock puppets/multiple accounts is against our rules, we definitely want members to always report accounts they believe are run by the same person.

However, to resolve all the aforementioned issues, we have created a new "Sock Puppet Accusations" section and a new rule prohibiting the accusations of sock puppetry outside of that section.

So from now on, if you believe another member has multiple accounts on this site, then to avoid being sanctioned, please create a new thread in the Sock Puppet Accusations section and state your case, and the Admin Team will investigate it and report their findings and take action where warranted.

In addition to resolving all the aforementioned issues, this will make the whole process a lot more transparent, organized, and easy to find.

Thank you.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

And as admin has stated, a member being a sock puppet on another site is of no concern of GF and that's understandable. However, a member admitting to be a puppet elsewhere when such site banned them is still a red flag concerning possible knowledgeable conduct. I'm sure admin takes all these things under consideration in their investigations.

PPS: Is it possible to make this thread closed to member posting except admin answers?
    The contentiousness of the topic guarantees responses of all types, as evidenced by members being removed as off topic and such over 10 times. I see no reason for this to be a public thread in regards to defending.

Stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

In addition, as per my suggestion, perhaps set up a public board just for responses to this topic. This would allow members to post pro and cons about the topic with admin only doing normal moderation for personal attacks and whatever.

People are obviously free to report my alias as well.

4. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    Full support of the recent feature you have added. Fully support separate thread per allegation, how else can some vent their delusional mindset.

In giving this power of accusations to the less than stable amongst us, I noticed multiple accusations from one particular extrem ly great fellow, he’s a wonde rment of nature, imho , what if any penalties have you set inplace for when the usual accuser is proven wrong yet again.

Maybe you could have a sliding scale similar to the one you use on posters that have upset the delicate delusional posters on this forum.

Perhaps you should put in place an apology clause.

It’s one thing to blanket accuse, depending on the posters delusional mindset at the time , ( I seem to remember such a poster accuse you admin of not doing your job, you quickly told the poster he was wrong and perhaps a little upset etc) and can go unchecked without sufficient deterrent in place aka APOLOGISE to the accused sock puppetry.
    A separate thread would also be called for as not to create possible OFF TOPIC posts or allegations of off topic posting by especially by self confessed off topic posters.

I don’t know about you posters , but when I was younger I was taught to APOLOGISE if I wrongly accused someone else of a matter that required an adjudged verdict. Maybe my gene pool is better than the unfortunate poster that seems to be making numerous accusations .

The APOLOGY clause may also save you , admin , unnecessary work as one would have to actually think before blindly shooting ones mouth off with baseless accusations simply because the poster is having a psychological episodes of a recurring nature.

It is one thing to be accused without foundation. It is another thing to be accused of trolling or being disrespectful of a poster that constantly accuse anyone of sock puppetry.

I should think the poster that CONSTANTLY accuse others of sock puppetry is in ACTUAL FACT being HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL in its truest sense of the term. I would ask also if the sock puppetry accuser is in FACT PROVEN INCORRECT that poster previously posted posts are blanked out. As another deterrent for mindless emotional vindictive outbursts.

I fully support poster to claim someone is a sock puppetry, what I find reprehensible is the constant badgering I have received from that wonderkund person Nate . Up until today he has been given full reign to accuse without lodgement of an OFFICIAL complaint. This is and should not be allowed to continue in the future.
    Threats and intimidation by the poster and then to have the gall to complain about the poster he is making the accusations of is TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL.
    I ask that in the future all posts by other posters accusing others of sock puppetry, the on going complaining by the accuser be blanked.

You want to accuse someone of sock puppetry you do it IMMEDIATELY and not in the delusional sideways approach that poster Nate has conducted himself this past few months.
    I note fully that finally after so many months poster Nate has made an official lodged complaint citing me as a sock puppetry.
    This thread is a formal lodging of my request that such action by this accuser Nate be sanctioned when you prove his accusations are BASELESS and trolling.
    If you are going to throw shit around the fan one should expect some of it to stick especially if you are throwing at innocent posters.
    Cheers

5. Punkcity

I agree on a sock puppetry is a separate thread needed as it at the moment. Full support for that.
    I strongly disagree with a closed thread, the accusations is one thing, the prospect that you can go under the radar with a hit and miss approach of silent accusations is extremely reprehensible . You should be accountable for your actions if you are proven to falsely accuse people, how low is it that you would suggest hidden accusations. What country are your family from ? Russia? Old east Germany?
    Stay real safe you totally deserve a fruit full life. Cheers

6. Admin Team

We have no evidence that member @freddy has or has had any sock puppets on this site.

If there are any specific members here that you believe are a sock puppet of freddy, then please post the suspected members' usernames here in this thread so that we can investigate the other usernames more specifically in relation to member freddy.

We do not close threads here at GF as we consider that a form of censorship contrary to our founding principles. Additionally, we want to hear from other members regarding the accusations that are filed with us as that can potentially give us more information for our investigations. As always, our rules must be respected.

Punkcity likes this.
  7. Admin Team

All members are innocent until they either confess or we prove them guilty, so we do not want to discourage sock puppet accusations in any way including by forcing accusers to apologize when their accusation prove false. The transparent and public nature of our sock puppet accusation system already serves as a passive deterrent since a member that makes too many accusations that prove false will have their credibility impacted for all to see. We do not intend to add an active deterrent against accusations because sock puppets destroy the trust in communities, so we want to do everything possible to minimize them without disrupting the rest of the site.

Our new rule already addresses this since accusations can only be made in the Sock Puppet Accusations thread and nowhere else. Please report any accusations or insinuations of sock puppetry that occur outside the Sock Puppet Accusation section so that we can take action.

Unfortunately we must decline your request for the reasons stated above.

Thank you for your feedback.

Punkcity likes this.

8. Punkcity

My edit.
    Ok acceptable to me , I personally prefer the public stoning, drawing and quartering then urinating on the recalcitrant fools. But I see merit in your statement above and as this is a interverse based forum Im once again deferring to your much better judgment than mine.

Yes must be humiliating for any reasonable person to be soooo wrong, to say the least. Cheers

9. Punkcity

Administration how far back do you want to go regarding off thread sock puppetry accusations? It’s seems to be a snake eating it’s own tail situation as the new sock puppetry thread/forum is only a recent/ ish addition, therefore technically prior accusations other threads would not be covered by your new missives.

If prior to this new thread section being made , ( as an aside note perhaps should be called nates law as he seems to have been the catalyst for the new thread being made and stays in mode of various woke moments world wide , aka Jon’s law etc. )
    Note
    Disclaimer not a poor taste dig at poster Nate. But a woke suggestion.

To continue... prior to the new thread re sock puppetry accusations would the posts by the accuser be deemed as trolling? Or only if the accuser re claims later that the already EXONERATED accused is again a sock puppetry and is AGAIN proven wrong ?

Thanks and cheers.