1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback No pms?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms / Problems' started by Wizardofnothing, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Wizardofnothing

Wizardofnothing Well-Known Member

Wrote the admin a few days ago with no reply, I thought pms where enabled after 300 posts yet I see no pms, am I missing something ?

2. Admin Team

Admin Team Administrators Admins

We did reply to you:

3. Wizardofnothing

Thank you- never got an email alert about the reply

4. Wizardofnothing

Do I invite them and they have to Join or just invite them/ how long do pms take to activate after that

5. Admin Team

You have to invite them and they have to join using your invite. Once you've invited someone and they've registered with your invite, your PM and Signature features should unlock within hours.

6. KewlJ

KewlJ Well-Known Member

Good grief! Why do you guys (administrators) make things so difficult on this site? personally I thought 300 posts was a heavy number to qualify for PM's and signatures. It encourages "quantity" of posts over "quality" of posts. And now that I have reached 300 posts, I see this retarded "invite" rule. Well I am not going to invite anyone here. I am not sure this site is worthy of my indorsing it like that. However, although I haven't done the formal invite and no one signed up crediting me with an invite, I think 'unofficially', we all know at least half dozen or so WoV members (and mods) joined and began participating because I was posting here.

7. Wizardofnothing

It's like jumping through hoops to be honest and I was very upset by the extra condition on top of the 300 post to begin with

8. Admin Team

You will not receive any special treatment here, and that goes both ways. That means you will not be banned here if a friend of ours requests it. It also means you will not unlock the PM and Signature feature without Inviting someone on-board using your Invite link.

We are stricter than most communities because we want our members to be fully committed to our community before they start messaging other members privately and promoting themselves via their Signatures.

9. Boz

Boz Well-Known Member

But you can pitch a scam Stock/Bac/Roulette system looking to screw suckers out of cash after signing up. Sounds like gaining members is the only goal here, check your morals at the door.

10. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

The first admin answer to WoN did not state that the invited member had to join. The second, after WoN explicitly asked, did.

The first response was therefore purposefully partial in nature and dishonest in its judiciousness with information. The admin has had no problem in the past with lengthy, verbose responses.

Not my job to play Amway rep for this site. I had no intention of using the PM feature, but if there's one thing I hate, it's parsing information for self-seeking reasons.

Sayonara.

This is my next to last post. I will start a thread stating this in a clearer fashion in the next few days.

11. Wizardofnothing

12. puckerbutt

puckerbutt New Member

Looks like I'll never be able to use PM's on this site as I have no intention of ever using the "invite feature".

13. Admin Team

Anyone can discuss any gambling-related topic in this uncensored community. That's also why the second word in our slogan is "comprehensive". We don't limit what gambling-related topics can be discussed in this open gambling community. It is up to our members to also take advantage of our uncensored nature to weed out the scams. That's how our community self-corrects itself. We aren't gambling experts so we can't determine what's a scam and what isn't. Note, however, that no one is allowed to sell anything in their posts, so system sellers can't actually sell their systems here directly.

Our goal is to become the #1 gambling community in the world. To do that, we need to grow our member base.

We are not the moral police. Furthermore, as mentioned above, we are not gambling experts so we are not in a position to judge what is a scam and what is not a scam. Our expert members can do that.

Your post suggests the criteria of inviting 1 member is new. It's not. As any Founding Member can confirm, it's been part of the criteria since our inception a year and a half ago. If we did not communicate that clearly to our entire member base, then that's on us and we apologize. But this criteria is certainly not new. In fact, you can see the criteria here in our Announcements section. You can see here how we mentioned in March 2015 that unlocking the PM feature happens when you unlock the Signature feature. Ergo, the Invite requirement to unlock the PM feature has been in place since the beginning.

If our well-known Founding Members were able to invite other members, then surely it's not too much to ask. Bob Dancer invited someone. Frank Scoblete invited someone. Jerry Stickman invited someone. Wade Andrews invited someone. Dan Paymar invited someone. David Medansky invited two people. Etc. You can confirm their invites by seeing the "Members Invited:" field in their respective profile pages.

We do not think it's a lot to ask. The PM and Signature features are a privilege granted to those member who are committed to growing our community. No one is forcing anyone to Invite others and the PM and Signatures aren't required to participate in our community.

14. Wizardofnothing

What does it say that you have a scammer as a founding member?????

15. Admin Team

Again, we aren't the judges of who is and who isn't a scammer. Our Founding Members include reputable members of the Gambling industry as well as the top members of the top Gambling Forums on the internet. If any of them are scammers, then they will be exposed by our uncensored community. Founding Members do not get any special protection here.

16. Wizardofnothing

Whatever- this goes to credibility- if you own a gamblingg site- basic 101 tells you systems do not work- if you took it upon yourselves to invite a scammer as a founding member I feel that speaks volumes- so when you throw out names like bob dancer and others I'm sure they would not be thrilled with you using their names along with a scammer

17. Admin Team

We aren't gambling experts, so we aren't in a position to determine who is and who isn't a scammer, or what is and what isn't a scam. This is precisely why we invited reputable gambling experts as Founding Members, because those experts are in a position to determine precisely that and our uncensored nature gives them the freedom to expose such scammers and scams. However, we also know that without activity, a forum community cannot thrive, that's we also invited the top members of the top gambling forums as Founding Members. We made the assumption that those more anonymous folks were also relatively reputable considering they were the top posters at the top gambling forums and had therefore been vetted by those respective communities. Again, if there are any who are scammers, then feel free to create a thread and prove they are scammers. We won't censor you.

18. puckerbutt

puckerbutt New Member

Only one of the "well-known Founding Members" that you mentioned would qualify for PM's under your current rules. That being Frank Scoblete and most of his posts merely link to his latest column on another web site.

I did in fact confirm the invites and saw that the 7 invitees have contributed a total of 367 posts with the following breakdown: 293, 72, 2, 0, 0, 0, and 0.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors." appeared on my previous post.

I've received that message before when I posted a link to a radio station that I thought Fisk/Face would appreciate, but what triggered it this time? Because I quoted an Admin?

Nevermind. It probably was because the Admin's quote contained links to the Founding Member's profiles through their names listed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2016
  19. Admin Team

Founding Members have less strict criteria (and other perks) since we specifically invited them and they accepted our invitation to found our new community.

Correct. It's an anti-spam measure for new members. We've approved your post.

20. redietz

redietz Well-Known Member

Y
    Let me explain why and how you have been misleading, and how you are becoming less and less honest as this exchange takes place.

1) It says on the rotating splash panel when you log in, "Get to 300 posts to unlock...." It does NOT say, "Get to 300 posts, invite someone, AND have them signup to unlock...." Clearly you are misreporting what is required in a splash panel everyone sees when they visit.

2) The links you posted in your response to me say that one must get to 300 posts and invite someone to unlock pms. They do NOT say one must get to 300 posts, invite someone, AND have that someone sign up. For those with reading comprehension issues, these are two different sets of criteria.

3) Your response to WoN similarly failed to mention the third item, that the invited would then have to sign up. He had to specifically ask to pry that info out of you.

4) The fact you are using these shoddy arguments, quoting info that fails to mention that the invited MUST sign up, as justification, simply adds to how misleading you are being.

5) It is one thing to ask members to simply invite others. It is very different to require them to get the invited people to actually sign up. It smacks of MLM and every other scheme that invokes the word "community" ad nauseum.

6) For those posters supplying quality content, it is semi-insulting to suggest they need to proselytize the site to get feature access.

Now let's see you provide an honest answer and change that splash panel to list the actual criteria for unlocking pms.