1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Online v Live cash game strategy

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by K3Suited, Mar 26, 2016.

1. K3Suited

K3Suited Guest

I find myself playing the same style online as I do live. Effective or no?

Source.

2. AskBoab

AskBoab Member

Betting Expert, pro-Gambler & pro-Astrologer
    I would say no ... I play more mechanically online and stick to the maths more whereas live I play more instinctively/emotionally and take bigger gambles as I an see my opponent's face to face :)

3. Neal Pace

Neal Pace Member

I actually play very similar online/offline. You can certainly get more from offline opponents but you can certainly get a read/behaviour tips from online players.. especially if they are new to the game. I don't get much chance to play live games now so I use partypoker or playojo still.

Cardcoon likes this.
  4. Cardcoon

Cardcoon New Member

Freelance
    I am just starting playing poker and want to learn more about this game. Could anyone pleas tell me more about the difference between playing online and offline? What is more comfortable? I tried to play online but never with offline opponents.