1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Overcoming social anxiety as a poker player.

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by Poker Advice Latest, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Hello!

I was wondering whether there would be anyone who could suggest any ways to lower social anxiety as a poker player?

I've been struggling with it for the last year to point I'm barely unable to connect with anyone in the poker community. It feels like it's consuming me way too much yet every time I think of taking action I tend to freeze a lot or can't take the overwhelming fear interactions causes me to feel.

Talking in public like this is very frightening for me but am trying to push myself enough to at least reach out instead of letting the fear to grow even more.

I'm also open to discuss this matter in private messages which would honestly would be less intimidating and would also help me to open up about my situation in more depth.

Thank you in advance!

Source

2. ReaskerOlon

ReaskerOlon New Member

Hi, just play more major tournaments and show yourself as a strong player, and everything will be ok