1. Welcome to the #1 Gambling Community with the best minds across the entire gambling spectrum. REGISTER NOW!
  2. Have a gambling question?

Post it here and our gambling experts will answer it!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Discussions in this section are assumed to be EV- as they are outside of the Advantage Play section. For EV+ discussions, please visit the Advantage Play section.
    Dismiss Notice

Poker Playing suited hands

Discussion in 'Poker Forum' started by veganman, Aug 22, 2021.

1. veganman

veganman Guest

hello community,
    How often you play suited rags in late positions vs a early position open? In a mtt variant
    Is the readings you make from the player who opens important? Or is more important the pot odds involved....
    Tx for the reading

Source

2. Chip Magnet

Chip Magnet Active Member

With actual cards, it is best to fold suited rags, no matter what position. Heads-Up against a single player, you only have a 40% or less chance of winning the hand. In late position against multiple players, your chance of winning averages less than 10%.

What the player ahead of you does is very important. Especially if he raises under the gun, because he is signaling that he has a strong hand. AK or better. You don't want to call that with suited rags.

3. Punkcity

Punkcity Well-Known Member

CEO, manager of sublease my account name.inc
    Troll tag team one accounts head , Skipptophia.
    General good advice, perhaps needed is a an exception clause.
    If you are playing against very good ( read professional poker player) player and you are very deep in the backend of a tournament go with the quote advice. If you are playing for real cash game work your table out as quickly as possible, determine the skill set. Once again in general the quote above will do you well.

The time that you would play suited rags is online when you are up against hillbilly any two cards poker player that demonstrate the perception that ace any other cards is a winner hand regardless of the flop etc. Same thing when playing land based game and you get the paycheque hillbilly bingo any 2 card player. I have yet to not have at least one at a table on a Friday/Saturday night.

As per all poker skills you develop them and they don’t always work. Taking the above quote in the right circumstances will most definitely make you money.
    Remember your pair of ace doesn’t automatically mean you have the all in win , higher percentage yes , but not 100%. Cheers

4. Brian Morin

Brian Morin New Member

I advise you to throw off suited rags. It depends of course who is playing against you. But still, I think it's better to dump!